ATD Learning System: CPLP Edition
The ATD Learning System: CPLP Edition includes content on all 10 areas of expertise outlined in the ATD Competency Model. It is an essential reference for all talent development professionals, providing information on best practices and foundational knowledge for the profession. This version of the ATD Learning System is the official resource for individuals studying to take the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) Knowledge Exam. It is a complete, self-directed study tool for individuals preparing for the ATD Certification Institute's CPLP® program.
The ATD Learning System: CPLP Edition includes reference material on all 10 areas of expertise in the ATD Competency Model as well as information on building a Global Mindset. This edition of the Learning System includes content on all areas tested on the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) Knowledge Exam. It also includes a Study Guide for Groups which can be used by ATD Chapters and others to form local and virtual study groups to prepare for the CPLP exam. Areas of expertise included in this verion of the ATD Learning System:
AOE 1: Performance Improvement
AOE 2: Instructional Design
AOE 3: Training Delivery
AOE 4: Learning Technologies
AOE 5: Evaluating Learning Programs
AOE 6: Managing Learning Programs
AOE 7: Integrated Talent Management
AOE 8: Coaching
AOE 9: Knowledge Management
AOE 10: Change Management
Foundational Competency: Global Mindset
The digital version of the ATD Learning System is portable, customizable and current.
- Portable. The ATD Learning System: CPLP Edition can be accessed anywhere on any device.
- Print by section, chapter, or the entire document with or without your notes and bookmarks.
- Work offline when internet is not available; all notes, bookmarks, and highlights will be synchronized when you go back online.
- Take notes, bookmark key points, highlight, and adjust the font size to tailor your copy to how you learn.
- Current and timely.
- The content and updates focus on the latest professional practices.
- Each time you log in you have the most up-to-date content.
A hard copy of the Learning System is available as an add-on for an additional fee. You must first purchase the ATD Learning System subscription to be eligible to purchase the Print Option. Learn more.
- Print Option copy is current as of the date of printing.
- Updates are available for print in your My Downloads folder.
- The Print Option ships to you with tabs and a three-ring binder.
You may order the Learning System only or bundled with the Print Option. You may also add the Print Option separately at a later date. This option is a one-time purchase available only to purchasers of the ATD Learning System. One prin option copy per online Learning System purchased. This is a custom product, made to order at the time of purchase from the latest content.
The Print Option order cannot be cancelled or refunded once the order is placed.
ATD has a long history of partnership with the most influential leaders in the training and development industry. ATD enlisted these subject matter experts (SMEs) in each Area of Expertise along with veteran ATD credential holders, ATD staff, and learning consultants to create and design the Learning System. Combined, this brain trust equals hundreds of years of deep expertise and thought leadership in the training and development field.
ATD defined the ATD Competency Model and then built the Learning System based on that foundation. The Learning System content aligns to the 10 Areas of Expertise as defined by the ATD Competency Model™ and is derived from multiple sources. The content necessary to study for either of ATD's credentials, the CPLP or the APTD, is consolidated in the Learning System so that you don't have to buy and read multiple books—what you need to know and study is in one accessible resource. For your reference, bibliographies and citations at the ends of chapters list the works used to prepare the Learning System.
If you are studying to achieve an ATD credential, the Learning System is a key resource designed to help you focus your test preparation efforts. It provides interactive quizzes and links to related content within the Learning System, outside resources, and terms in the Master Glossary. You'll be able to make notes, bookmarks, highlight, print, and work offline.
If you have purchased the ATD Learning System in the past, before it became a digital edition, your access has been extended as follows:
- If purchased during 2016, you will have access through the end of 2018 at no extra charge. After December 2018, your subscription is renewable for $200/members; $300/non-members.
- If purchased between November 2013 and December 2015, your subscription is renewable for $200/members; $300/non-members.
Already a registered user of the ATD Learning System? Click here to login.
Note: If you purchased the Learning System prior to November 2013, you will need to buy the current Learning System described below to ensure you have the most up-to-date content.
NOTE: Browser requirements
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Chrome 30
- Firefox 24
- Safari 5.1.7.
(or latest browser versions)