(Alexandria, VA), June 25, 2020—During a virtual awards recognition celebration, the Association for Talent Development (ATD) recognized organizations and individuals for their excellence and contributions across the talent development field.
“ATD award winners reflect a deep commitment to the value of developing people in the workplace. Winning organizations demonstrate how aligning talent development to business needs can increase the performance and success of organizations worldwide,” said ATD President and Chief Executive Officer Tony Bingham. “These winners’ accomplishments advance knowledge in the talent development profession and contribute to increasing workforce capability and organizational competitiveness.”
Individual honorees included:
· ATD One to Watch Award (presented to individuals who are early in their careers): Shermaine Perry, Fulton County Government
· ATD Dissertation Award: Zachary Mercurio, Colorado State University
· Champion of Talent Development Award: Brené Brown, researcher, storyteller, best-selling author
· Distinguished Contribution to Talent Development Award: Elaine Biech, author, mentor, trainer
On the organization side, ATD recognized Memorial Health System with the association’s Innovation in Talent Development Award and Paylocity with the ATD Certification Institute Champion Award.
ATD also honored the 2019 Excellence in Practice Award winners, who were recognized for results achieved using practices and solutions from the scope of talent development. Forty-nine awards in 11 categories were presented to 43 companies from eight countries.
The categories included career development, change management, coaching and mentoring, customer service training, diversity and inclusion, integrated talent management, leadership/management development, learning and development, learning technologies, onboarding, performance consulting/performance improvement.
Organizations that received an Excellence in Practice Award include:
· Aditya Birla Group
· Akamai Technologies
· Ameriprise Financial
· Aviation Institute of Maintenance
· Chailease Finance
· China Mobile Communications Group
· China Telecommunications Corporation
· China Life Insurance Company
· Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
· Cognizant Technology Solutions
· Combined Insurance
· Davenport University
· Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
· Emerson Electric
· Farm Bureau Financial Services
· FedEx Office
· GF Securities
· HCL Technologies
· Houston Methodist Hospital
· International Association of Drilling Contractors
· ITC Limited
· Johns Hopkins Medicine
· KT Corporation
· Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
· Navy Federal Credit Union
· NetEase Games
· Panda Restaurant Group
· Porter Davis Homes
· Press Ganey Associates
· RiverSource Insurance
· Samsung Electronics
· South Carolina Federal Credit Union
· State Grid Corporation of China – State Grid of China Technology College
· State Grid Jiangsu Electric Power Company
· ZTE Corporation
A complete list of Excellence in Practice award winners can be found on ATD’s website.
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities. ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector. ATD supports the work of professionals locally across 100 chapters, international strategic partners, and global member networks.
For more information, visit td.org.