Business Acumen Basics for Talent Development
It’s critical for talent development professionals to be able to play an influential role in an organization’s strategy development and execution. To do this, they need to be able to speak the business language and translate their knowledge into solutions that drive business results. In “Business Acumen Basics for Talent Development,” Robert Brodo arms talent development professionals with the critical skills and tools they’ll need to think strategically and make informed business decisions. This issue of TD at Work includes:
- guidance on how to build better business acumen and learn the business challenges and opportunities for internal customers and stakeholders
- tips on how to engage in business dialogue with leaders and stakeholders
- information on how to use business knowledge to challenge beliefs and assumptions
- questions to consider before conversing with stakeholders or leaders
- a business SWOT analysis template.