The Manager’s Guide to Employee Development
As managers, we are expected to hold career and professional development discussions with our employees, although many of us feel ill-equipped for these conversations. Are you unsure how or where to begin with your employees’ development? Perhaps you want to brush up on how to create more meaningful development plans?
This TD at Work is a primer intended for managers, human resources professionals, and others. It is a practical, go-to guide that will explain:
• why career development is important to the organization, employee, and manager
• who is responsible for specific aspects of the employee development process
• how to facilitate the employee development process
• the characteristics of a strong individual development process
• how to lead successful development discussions.