Since the beginning of 2015, I have held the position of Retail Training Specialist. Below is a summary of my current job.
Execute divisional training projects related to retail business training needs for the Unilever DRT team comprised of over 1000 associates.
I work closely with team retail leaders, the client, and the internal talent development team to drive divisional training projects from start to finish. Assess the training needs of the retail team through surveys, interviews, and observation in the field. I present information using various instructional techniques and formats such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, webinars, and presentations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with internal retail management, client leaders, and training and development team to scope out divisional training projects.
- Analyze retail team training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Partner with instructional designers to create training material using a variety of delivery methods.
- Contribute content ideas for storyline and e-learning projects.
- Deliver weekly webinars for new hires to assist management with training.
- Deliver regular training webinars for supervisors and upper management on new processes and procedures. Work closely with management weekly in the field to ensure supervisors and their teams are consistently using proper tools and resources. Coach supervisors on appropriate coaching and development techniques based on DISC to encourage personal development, create recognition, hold associates accountable and drive for results.
- Travel - 75%