President of Quality Learning International, Curtis D. Curry has over 25 years of leadership experience working with global organizations in the human and organizational performance improvement field. He has trained over 40,000 leaders and individual contributors from dozens of organizations including Honeywell Aerospace, Harris, United Space Alliance, Ricoh, Roche Diagnóstica do Brasil, BHP Chile, AT&T, Coca Cola, Disney, Tupperware, New Piper Aircraft, Kraft Brazil, Heinz, Colgate, Peabody Energy, and Anadarko. His experience includes consulting with companies in the areas of organizational change, global leadership, communicating across cultures, teambuilding, leading global teams, creating high-potential leadership programs, and providing one-on-one coaching for leaders around the globe. In addition to his consulting work with businesses, he has spearheaded the development of more than 150 courses and workshops. He speaks Spanish (has taught more than 50 leadership workshops in Spanish), Portguese and French. He has facilitated leadership development programs in North America, Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
Curtis served as director of training, Center for Business & Industry, Miami-Dade College; director, World Trade Institute of the Americas, World Trade Center Miami; and director, Entrena Honduras/Nicaragua. He teaches undergraduate business courses in international management and organizational behavior and graduate courses in global leadership and organizational consulting for Florida Institute of Technology’s (FIT) IO/psychology program. He is a member of the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches, the Society for Human Resource Management (VP, Programs, South Brevard SHRM), the Association for Talent Development, the Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research (SIETAR) and is a fellow at FIT’s Institute for Cross Cultural Management.
Educational Background/Recent Publications/Certifications
• Ph.D. in Leadership and Education with a specialization in HRD at Barry University .
• M.B.A., M.A. in International Studies, Certificate in Latin American Studies. Doctoral coursework in HR/adult education at Florida International University.
• Recent publications include Curry, C.D. (2016). Managing conflict in global teams. Training (Jan-Feb); (2015). Coaching global teams and global team leaders. In Leading global teams, Wildman, J.L. & Griffith, R.L. (Eds.); (2012). “Best practices in leadership development,” Human Resource Encyclopedia Volume III, Dr. G.M. (Bud) Benscoter, Ed.; (2012). “360-degree multi-rater feedback best practices,” Human Resource Encyclopedia Volume I. Prescott, R. Ed.
• Master Trainer-Herrmann International’s HBDI-Whole Brain Thinking System, Whole Brain Manager.
• Master Trainer-Paradigm Learning’s Zodiak (Finance and Business Strategy Simulation) and Countdown (Project Management Simulation).
• Certifications in: DDI’s Targeted Selection®, Maximizing Performance®, and Interaction Management®; Consulting Psychologist Press’ MBTI and FIRO-B; Center for Creative Leadership’s Benchmarks and Executive Dimensions; Achieve Global’s Reaching for Stellar Service, Building Trust Under Pressure: the Basic Principles, and Adult Learning Techniques; Covey Leadership Center’s, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People; Center for Conflict Dynamics’, Conflict Dynamics Profile, and qualified administrator for Kozai Group’s Global Competencies Inventory and Intercultural Effectiveness Scale.
• Diploma in Leading Continuous Improvement (Diplomado en Gestión de la Calidad Total), Catholic University of Honduras and Executive Coaching, College of Executive Coaching.