Leah de Souza, CPLP, is the Managing Director of Trainmar Consulting and the first CPLP in her country. For over a decade, she has been helping a global clientele grow, engage and better manage organizational talent through customized Talent Development initiatives.
She has written for local and international publications and is a guest speaker at TD and HR conferences. When not working with her clients, writing or speaking, she enjoys reading, travelling and foreign language study.
Selected highlights of her career include:
- In November 2017, Leah earned the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance® credential from ATD CI (the Association for Talent Development Certification Institute). Earning the CPLP certification means Leah possesses the knowledge and skills to be a top performer in the talent development field. In November 2017, there were 2,451 holders of this designation in the world and Leah is the first with the country stated as Trinidad and Tobago.
- As a trainer, Leah has trained over 2000 persons and delivered more than 125 programs throughout CARICOM.
- During her decade plus tenure as the company’s Managing Director and Owner, Trainmar has trained and coached thousands and delivered hundreds of programs.
- Invited speaker at the 2015 HRMATT Conference in Trinidad. (Human Resource Management Assocaition of Trinidad and Tobago)
- Invited Speaker at the 2014 CANTO Human Resource Conference in The Bahamas.
- ActionCOACH 2013 Business Excellence Awards Finalist (Young Entrepreneur Category). http://www.actioncoach.com/businessforum2013-finalists. Awards ceremony took place in Las Vegas in January 2013.
- May 2017 to 2018: Public Relations Officer for the Human Resources Management Association of Trinidad and Tobago (HRMATT)
- Full page profile features in The Guardian and Newsday newspapers in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Certificate received as Mastermind Executive Coach ©
- ATD Certifications as a Training Manager and as a Trainer. ATD (formerly ASTD) stands for Association for Talent Development and is the world’s largest association for learning and development professionals.
- Writer of the feature article – “How to Bring Zombie Employees Back to Life” - for the inaugural launch of the 1st Human Resource magazine in the Caribbean, HR-MATTers. The magazine is published by HRMATT (Human Resource Managements Association of Trinidad and Tobago).
- Published Articles in The Guardian Newspaper, ialum Business Magazine, Probe newspaper, Eink Business Magazine in Trinidad and Student Focus in the U.K.
- Volunteer Speaker at charity conferences and volunteer programs with GHL First Steps, YTEPP, The Rotary Club, Bishops Anstey High School, and Limited Edition Main Stage.
- Professional Development Committee Chair (former) for the Trinidad and Tobago Chapter of the International Facility Management Association.
- Degree in English Studies and Culture from the University of Montpellier, France.
- Proficient in French and Italian (10 years residence and employment in Europe).