What “Do As I Say Not As I Do” elements do you see from learning professionals?
I was recently told that because of my training I am a tough audience. I try to focus on positives when I am learning, but sometimes elements jump out at me like:
- I spent an hour being LECTURED to that we need to make training more interactive
- I listened to a 2 hour podcast on the effectiveness of micro learning (it felt longer than 2 hours)
- I WATCHED an ELearning on the effectiveness of games and gamification which never allowed the user to play
- I went to a Best Ways to use PowerPoint presentation that included several slides with more than 3 bullet points on them
- I have READ several articles on the importance of humor in learning that did not even attempt to be funny
I know I can’t be alone in seeing these things?
What other Training Oxymorons (yes, I know I am stretching the definition a little there) have you encountered recently?