We are in the process of redesigning our strategy for embedding leadership training into the day-to-day practices of leaders. We have found that leaders are coming to our training sessions, having great conversations and breakthroughs, and then returning to the status quo once they return to their offices.
A few approaches we are exploring to improve in this area include:
- Assessment surveys (pre-class and 90 to 180-days post-class) tied to learning outcomes
- Simplified tools and templates that can be easily utilized post-class
- Clearly connecting the purpose of training to the business strategy and KPIs
- Introducing a framework for holding leaders accountable for implementing the learning objectives
- Executive leadership to champion learning initiatives
I would love to hear from others! What am I missing or not thinking about? What are your best practices for taking the lessons you teach in the classroom and embedding them into the day-to-day practices of leaders?
Looking forward to hearing your insights!