ASTD's International Conference brings more than 8,000 learning practitioners, academics, and students together each year!
Higher education faculty, staff, and department heads are invited to participate in special events, network, and share information about their courses and programs.
In addition to the world-class EXPO and over 200 education sessions, check out these special events and session for the Higher Education Community:
Higher Education Events - RSVP Today!
Monday, May 20
- Coffee Chat
- Faculty Forum
- Networking Lunch
Higher Education Track
Click here for session descriptions
- The Curious Case of Workplace Millennials, Nandi Shareef, PhD student, Benedictine University
- Integrating Essential Informal Learning Experiences into Formal Curricula, Saul Carliner, Concordia University
- HijackingTechnology to Increase Participant Engagement, Larry Straining, CPLP
- Training Professors to Be Trainers and Vice Versa, Robert Vaughn
- 18 or 50, They’re All Adults – Using Engaging Learning Methods, Rebecca Boyle, Trocaire College
Special Faculty Announcement - ASTD Competency Model Update!
This new program rewards faculty with free membership for referring students to ASTD. The details of the program are simple! Refer five students to ASTD and receive one year of membership for yourself!
1. Log-in to ASTD or create your profile. For future reference your referral ID# can be found on your profile page. If you are new to ASTD, you will need to create an online profile.
2. Send each student a referral email using the online referral system. (You must be logged in to view the online referral form). ASTD does not add their emails to marketing lists.
3. Receive email notifications when your students join. ASTD will notify you when students register for membership using your referral ID#.
4. Enjoy one year of free ASTD membership when five of your students join by May 31, 2013!
Be an ASTD Guest Blogger!
ASTD is looking for faculty of HRD, OD, or leadership related courses to blog about:
- Trends being discussed in HRD, OD, or leadership related courses
- How you are using new technologies in your classroom
- Successful partnerships between your campus and the local ASTD chapter
- Lessons learned at the 2012 AHRD International Research Conference in The Americas
- Lessons learned at the 2012 ASTD International Conference & Exposition
If interested in becoming a guest blogger, contact Cami Best-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name, school, degree program, and topic(s) for potential blogs.
The Best of T+D Magazine: Higher Education
Keep current on industry best practices with T+D Magazine, ASTD's award-winning monthly publication. Start now with a free download of T+D Magazine's Best of Higher Education.
Special $89 Higher Education T+D Subscription Rate - 40% off!
Subscribe online by December 31 using promo code TDFACULTY. Looking for a discount after December 31? Contact Cami Best-Jones at email@example.com.
ASTD has over 120 chapters around the country, providing local networking, professional development and mentoring opportunities for students and faculty. Many ASTD chapters partner with local schools for programming, mentoring, and more. Look up the ASTD chapter closest to you and connect today!
ASTD Press brings you the latest books, authored by respected leaders in workplace learning and performance. Interested in adapting ASTD Press books for a course? Request a PDF desk copy by completing the Desk Copy Request Form!
Learn about the ASTD Certification Institute's Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) Certification
CPLP equips you with the tools to be the best in the field and lets employers know that you have real world, practical expertise that can be readily applied to the current work environment.