Putting the emphasis on developing high-potential employees can easily be neglected due to any number of factors, such as a lack of workload capacity, time, budget, or not having a solid strategy. This program gives you a head start on successfully creating and launching a high-potential employee development program that aligns with your organization’s culture and goals so you do not have to start from scratch.
The program begins by discussing aspects of high-potential development that will affect your program strategy. This includes distinguishing between high potentials and high performers, identifying high-potential talent, and weighing benefits and downsides of transparency, both about the program itself and who within the organization has high potential.
Next, we will turn our attention to designing a program framework. You will identify your key partners to help the program be successful, and will consider your target population of high potentials, such as by level within a hierarchy, by department, or by location. You will learn where to start in terms of program components and features, and determine if any infrastructure you need is missing. In the final session, we will look at measurement and evaluation of a high-potential program and what you will use to track program success criteria. We will also discuss what goes into an effective program launch and what comes next for your high potentials. Finally, you will create an action plan with an initial timeline.
Why You Should Attend:
- Create a high-potential development program that is tailored to the specific needs of your or your client’s organization.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy and approach to identifying and developing high potentials.
- Attract and retain high potentials to help build leadership bench strength.
What to Expect:
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: Each session of the workshop is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform with a toll-free teleconference or VoIP option for the audio component. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.