ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer™ Program
The ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer Program introduces an e-learning design model that will take your initiatives to the next level while working through every stage of the process to design courses that motivate, inform, and, most importantly, change behavior and performance. Become a valued partner to stakeholders who designs e-learning that impacts business objectives.
This three-part program isn’t all based on theory; it’s about the practical process of applying e-learning instructional design principles to real workplace situations. You will engage in an online learning community to prepare for the face-to-face course. In the four-day core course, you will work through a case study and collaborate with other participants to plan, design, and decide how to build a real course. Afterward, you will create a final project for evaluation. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to select an elective course to expand your knowledge of complementary topics.
Proving your ability will earn you the respected title of ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer™. Become a part of this exclusive group today.
The ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer™ Program is an opportunity for comprehensive career alignment and professional growth and is offered by the ATD Certification Institute.
Part 1: Fundamentals
Two weeks prior to the face-to-face component, you’ll join your peers in a private online community to begin your blended learning experience. This is also an opportunity to network with your facilitator and fellow learners and gain access to key program materials and resources.
What to Expect:
- Critique a variety of e-learning modules using an ATD-exclusive rubric.
- Review foundational instructional design concepts, then complete a self-assessment to determine your current proficiency and personalize your professional development.
- Get started with an immersive case study that will enable you to solve real-world challenges throughout the course.
Part 2: Core Course
Attend a four-day classroom training to elevate your e-learning design and project execution skills. The classroom portion is a simulation through which you will work with a small group to design an e-learning solution that meets the needs of your learners and stakeholders and helps achieve organizational goals.
You will use the ATD e-learning instructional design model from start to finish with opportunities for application and deep learning along the way. You will also receive an e-learning evaluation rubric that you can use back on the job.
What to Expect:
- Learn how to connect with stakeholders to elevate your position as a go-to e-learning leader in your organization.
- Design and develop (or oversee the development of) e-learning that captivates and motivates learners.
- Evaluate and track e-learning in new and effective ways.
Part 3: Learning Project & Course Elective
The final component to your success in the program is the completion of a knowledge assessment and the design and presentation of your learning project, to be submitted within 12 weeks after the core course.
After completing the course requirements, you will receive your Master E-Learning Instructional Design certificate. ATD estimates approximately three to four months to successfully complete the entire program.
You'll continue your personalized learning experience by completing the elective course (online or face-to-face) of your choice to help you address your own unique professional development needs.
What to Expect:
- Complete a 20-question assessment will further validate your content mastery.
- Apply key course concepts to your design and receive feedback and analysis from your peers and the expert facilitator.
- Develop an e-learning solution to a skill or behavioral challenge you are currently having in your organization.
This program is for experienced practitioners who wish to master effective e-learning that exceeds stakeholder expectations and positively influences business outcomes, including:
- experienced e-learning developers who want to strengthen their design capability and master new approaches to improve the effectiveness of their initiatives.
- experienced instructional designers who need to validate their skills and improve their ability to lead successful e-learning projects.
- instructional designers and developers who have taken some coursework in e-learning and want to expand their knowledge and take their projects to the next level through hands-on application.
To ensure you gain the most from this advanced-level program, the following criteria are strongly recommended:
- At least three years of experience in instructional design, with demonstrated e-learning experience.
- A solid understanding of instructional design principles and models (ADDIE, SAM, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience conducting needs assessments and writing effective learning objectives.
- Preferred but not required: Completion of an aligned ATD certificate program, such as the Instructional Design Certificate (formerly Designing Learning) or E-Learning Instructional Design Certificate.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Use the ATD e-learning instructional design model to develop e-learning projects that motivate, inform, and, most importantly, change behavior and performance.
- Analyze factors that will shape your design, such as the audience, the learning environment, and the technology ecosystem.
- Use research and evidence-based practices to make key design decisions at the course level, curriculum level, and initiative level.
- Write storyboards that meet the needs of your learners, developers, and subject matter experts.
- Make purposeful decisions about interface design, authoring tools, media, and other factors that affect development of your courses.
- Create a plan to launch your course and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Confidently manage e-learning production, from resources and scheduling to managing expectations and quality assurance.
- Effectively connect and communicate the business impact of your e-learning solutions.
This is a blended learning experience consisting of three parts: an online Fundamentals, Core Course, and Online Elective. The Fundamentals section, which is self-directed, is accessible three weeks prior to the program, the Core Course takes place over four days via an in-person training, and then you choose an elective from a predetermined list of ATD online or face-to-face certificate programs. How long it takes to complete the elective course depends on scheduling (for example, when the program will be offered). Upon successful completion of all components, participants will receive their ATD E-Learning Master Instructional Designer certificate in the mail. ATD estimates that it should take approximately three to four months to complete the entire program.
Earn 2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 28 CPLP recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 28 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 28 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
The ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer Program is a new offering from ATD created at the request of e-learning professionals. It sits on the spectrum of professional development between an ATD certificate program and the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance® credential.
ATD strongly recommends participants have at least three years of experience in instructional design, with demonstrated e-learning experience.
Yes, during the Fundamentals you will have pre-work/reading, which will help prepare you not only for the Core Course, but for the Knowledge Test and Learning Project as well.
Participants will have an opportunity to retake the Knowledge Test as many times is necessary. However, you will only have one opportunity to resubmit your learning project design.
Participants will have the option to complete a make-up Knowledge Test as many times as needed to complete the test.
Participants will receive individualized feedback, and have an opportunity to resubmit the learning project within one month of the initial review.
The ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer Program is an enhanced certificate program. This unique program is a combination of a training event and assessment component; offering instructional guidance to participants needing to develop or strengthen their foundational mastery in developing engaging and effective e-learning. The ATD Master E-Learning Instructional Designer Program is a great way for professionals to prove their ability in this area.
The CPLP® is a comprehensive workplace learning and performance certification, based on a breadth of nine AOEs in the ASTD Competency Model. CPLP® credentialing represents a level of professional achievement and competence. Just as important, achieving the credential demonstrates proficiency in support of learning and organizational performance and sets a standard of commitment to the learning and development profession. Becoming CPLP® certified makes you a leader as well as a role model in the learning and development community.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.