Creating New Manager Training Programs Certificate
Learn how to build a new manager training program that prepares individuals to make the transition from a contributor to a leader. This program will help you increase your managers’ effectiveness, prevent them from creating liabilities for your organization, and reduce their learning curve.
New managers have unique needs. They are making a critical transition into a position of greater responsibility; and this change requires developing a number of competencies quickly. Designing a new manager training program requires a clear understanding of the skills participants will need to succeed in their new roles.
Discover strategies and best practices for achieving the right learning outcomes for your new manager training program, including those for effective coaching, training program roll-out, and training evaluation. You’ll also learn how to determine the right content and methods for your program—you’ll start by using a planning map tool in class to begin designing your own manager training module.
Find Out More:
- Facilitator Julie Patrick discusses how a rapid needs analysis can help you build a program for Creating Successful New Managers in her blog.
- Learn the 4 Fail-Proof Strategies for Developing High-Performing Frontline Managers in facilitator Sardek Love's blog.
- Find out why facilitator Halelly Azulay values the Creating New Manager Training Programs Certificate program.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
- Online Courses Only: During the online program, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards. In addition, you will have access to an online learning portal with discussion boards and program materials.
This program is designed for practitioners who are responsible for designing and developing new manager or supervisor training programs within their organizations.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resource specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Identify the top challenges experienced by new managers.
- Align new manager skills gaps with appropriate success factors.
- Select instructional methods and techniques that best match the learning outcomes.
- Use best practices to guide instructional design.
- Describe methods for evaluating training results.
Face-to-Face: 2 days
Online: 6 sessions, 12hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.