This seven week instructor-led online workshop will help you create your personalized study plan to become a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). You’ll begin to prepare for both the CPLP knowledge-based exam and the skills application exam (SAE).
This online instructor-led workshop spans seven weeks; each session is two hours long. The workshop is designed to help participants plan and execute their personal study plan for the CPLP using the ATD Learning System as the primary study tool. During the workshop, participants use the Learning System and a variety of interactive and reflective exercises to determine which of the 10 Areas of Expertise (AOEs) they need to focus on to create their own personal study plan. Participants also review the requirements for the skills application exam (SAE) component of the certification process.
Each course group will have access to an online community for their course. Upon course completion, course participants will have the option of joining an inclusive online community of all course participants for ongoing peer support and exchange.
About the ATD Learning System
The registration fee includes online access to the ATD Learning System. The ten modules (Areas of Expertise) will be accessible by course participant during and after the course. The ATD Learning System is required for this program. A Print Option is available for an additional fee at check-out.
Please review the CPLP cancellation policy here.
For general information about the CPLP Credential. such as eligibility, testing windows and costs, see CPLP Certification Information.
This program is designed for those who have the following qualifications:
- If you have five years of relevant work experience in the talent development profession
- If you have decided that certification aligns with your career goals
- If you have the resources required (time, money, energy) to invest in the CPLP
- If you are ready to start preparing to earn your CPLP
- If you want to know where your understanding of CPLP content is strong, and also where you need to invest more effort in preparation in order to be successful.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define the core concepts for each AOE in the ATD Competency Model and Learning system
- Refine a personalized study plan, by identifying appropriate resources, to ensure thorough knowledge of each AOE
- Apply test-taking strategies for the knowledge exam
- Prepare for the skills application exam (SAE)
- Online: 7 weeks
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.
Attendance at the Preparing for the CPLP workshops and self-paced course is not required. CEUs and certificates are not issued for preparation workshops. However, if you need verification of attendance for your employer please contact Customer Care and request a letter confirming your full attendance.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.