Just last month, more than 13,000 talent development professionals gathered in San Diego, California for ATD 2018. We’ve been reflecting on all of the learnings, events, and networking that took place . . . and we continue to be amazed by the energy and enthusiasm of our exceptional global community.
Below are our top 10 moments to summarize what took place, and some additional resources from our community members who’ve been sharing their insights about favorite sessions and topics discussed.
1. ATD celebrates its 75th Anniversary this year. This video captures everything we love about our global community!
2. President Barack Obama answered questions about change, resilience, and the future of work from ATD’s President and CEO, Tony Bingham, to kick off ATD 2018. Bonus: read Dan Pontefract’s Forbes article with Obama's Three Leadership Takeaways.
3. Marcus Buckingham shared how we can leverage our strengths as individuals in our organizations and provided insight into his Nine Lies of Work research.
4. Connie Podesta gave an audience-guided talk creating awareness about how we communicate with individuals who may have other communication styles and preferences.
5. Our ATD Chapter Leader Day recognized the efforts of our 100+ chapter leaders in attendance, who showcase the power and impact of local leadership.
6. ATD’s global community included delegations from 92 countries, providing their diverse perspective and learnings from all over the world.
7. Our ATD Awards Ceremony named several Excellence in Practice Award winners and honored Beverly Kaye for her Lifetime Achievement.
8. ATD Education offered 32 Pre-Conference Education Courses and Certificate Programs for talent development professionals.
9. At ATD Central in the EXPO hall, alongside more than 400 exhibitors of talent development tools, ATD’s Career Development Stack was front and center to illustrate the vast opportunities for career growth with ATD.
10. Experts throughout the talent development field facilitated 300+ sessions of knowledge, data, real-time application, and more—from onboarding employees to microlearning to what AI means for the future of the profession.
More resources on talent development topics and your favorite sessions from ATD 2018 can be found here, cultivated from our broader ATD community. If you have more to add for session learnings and ATD 2018 overall, please email Avra at email@example.com or share your takeaways in the comment section below.
o President Barack Obama: Obama delivers lessons on work, purpose by Kanoe Namahoe
o Marcus Buckingham: Helping People Find Their Left Foot by Ashley St. John
o Connie Podesta: Keynote Recap: Connie Podesta by Ashley Chiasson, M. Ed.
o Shannon Tipton: Answers to EVERY question from the #ATD2018 microlearning panel
o Ashley Chiasson, M. Ed.: Session Recap: Diana Howles
ATD 2018 Overall:
o David Kelly: The 2018 ATD International Conference and Expo Backchannel – Curated Resources #ATD2018
o Shannon Tipton: ICE 2018 – It’s a Wrap, Krissy Richard
o Jessica Howell: Top 10 Tweets and Takeaways That Will Ease Your #ATD2018 FOMO
o Yuko Baba: Our Experience at ATD 2018
o Josh Maleeff: This One Time at Band Camp…
Some of our favorite posts on social media from #ATD2018:
— Alex Dorr (@alexmdorr) May 7, 2018
— Eddie Turner, The Leadership Excelerator™ (@eddieturnerjr) May 6, 2018
— Chris Gordon (@chrisgordon_1) May 7, 2018