ATD research shows that actively involving the talent development function in organizational innovation initiatives is an approach tied to better market performance, more effective learning, and improved innovation results.
This award is given in recognition of an innovation that has a measurable impact on an organization or audience, moves the talent development industry forward, is sustainable, and is replicable. This award can be presented to an individual or a team.
Winners of the ATD Innovation in Talent Development award include Tyson Food, Inc., Denver Zoological Foundation, Institute for Information Industry (Taiwan), Tata Consultancy Services (India), Tencent Holdings (China), and University Health System (Texas).
Criteria:Nominations will be evaluated on the following:
- Evidence that the innovation, which may be an idea, a process, a model, an approach, or a change in talent development, is positively affecting individuals, an organization, or larger audiences/stakeholders.
- Technology is not a required component.
- Evidence the nominee or team is working for or on behalf of an organization to support any aspect of talent development, and their innovation(s) or innovative work helps an organization achieve results.
- Evidence the nominee or team has identified a unique approach or an opportunity to use new ideas, vision, and influence to make a positive impact on talent development.
- Evidence the work has a measurable impact, moves the industry forward, is sustainable, and is replicable.
Eligible candidates are individuals or teams from within the talent development industry or related field. Elected officials are not eligible.
- The application is now open.
- Submission deadline: December 15, 2019.
- Use this worksheet to prepare your application.
- You will submit your entry via our online awards portal: https://atdawards.secure-platform.com/a
Submit questions to:
Nominators will receive notification of the decision regarding their entries by March 30, 2020.
The award winners will be honored at the awards ceremony held during the ATD International Conference & Exposition in May 2020, in Denver, CO. Announcements of the award will be in ATD publications and on the ATD website.