ATD research shows that actively involving the talent development function in organizational innovation initiatives is an approach tied to better market performance, more effective learning, and improved innovation results.
This award is given in recognition of an innovation that has a measurable impact on an organization or audience, moves the talent development industry forward, is sustainable, and is replicable. This award can be presented to an individual or a team.
Winners of the Talent Development Innovation Award recognized by ATD include Cisco Systems, Tyson Food, Inc., Denver Zoological Foundation, Institute for Information Industry, Tata Consultancy Services, Tencent Holdings, and University Health.
Criteria:Nominations will be evaluated on the following:
- Evidence that the innovation, which may be an idea, a process, a model, an approach, or a change in talent development, is positively affecting individuals, an organization, or larger audiences/stakeholders. This not limited to one specific innovation.
- Technology is not a required component.
- Evidence the nominee or team is working for or on behalf of an organization to support any aspect of talent development, and their innovation(s) or innovative work helps an organization achieve results.
- Evidence the nominee or team has identified a unique approach or an opportunity to use new ideas, vision, and influence to make a positive impact on talent development.
- Evidence the work has a measurable impact, moves the industry forward, is sustainable, and is replicable.
Eligible candidates are individuals or teams from within the talent development industry or related field. Elected officials are not eligible. Do not have to be U.S.-based or an ATD member to apply.
- Applications open in October.
- Submit your entry through our online awards portal here.
- The deadline to apply is December 22, 2022.
- The entry fee is $125 USD (subject to change), payable by credit card as the last step online.
Submit questions to:
Nominators will receive notification of the decisions regarding their entries by March.
2023 Winner Recognition:
The 2023 ATD Award winners will be recognized in an awards ceremony held during the ATD International Conference & Exposition. Announcements of the award will be in ATD publications and on the ATD website.