Informal Learning Basics
In addition to providing an in-depth study of the concepts of informal learning, Informal Learning Basics also offers:
- an analysis of how workers develop much of the knowledge for their jobs informally
- real-world case examples of informal learners
- an examination of the nine principles that govern informal learning in the workplace
- suggestions on how to blend formal and informal learning in your organization
- descriptions of specific activities for both group and individual informal learning opportunities
- a discussion of the importance of support personnel in creating and maintaining effective informal learning programs
- an exploration of the significant role played by technology in informal learning
- suggestions on how to best evaluate informal learning programs.
With its wealth of insight and information on capturing the potential of informal learning and using it to your organization’s advantage, Informal Learning Basics is essential reading for every training and development professional.