Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE) are a set of performance guidelines designed to help chapters deliver consistent benefits to members. CARE consists of elements in six key areas that are necessary for running a chapter like a business: Board of Directors, Communication, Finance, Governance, Membership, and Programming.
Early Submission Deadline: January 14, 2022*
*Early submission will enter the chapter in to a drawing to win a free ATD Chapter Leaders Conference (ALC) registration.
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2022
2020 CARE Submission Summary (Chapters reporting on the 2019 calendar year)
Benchmark your chapter with others. The summary includes results and demographic information based on responses provided by ATD chapters on their 2019 activities.
CARE Webcast: Reviewing 2019 and Preparing for 2020
Join members of the NAC CARE team to review the 2019 CARE results, resources to support CARE achievement in 2020, and specifics about the new CARE Plus tier. Learn best practices for how to use CARE as a set of performance guidelines that are designed to help chapters deliver consistent benefits to members and incorporate CARE Plus into your chapter's strategy.
The chapter operating plan provides a framework for doing business effectively and managing resources efficiently. Leverage the
Operating Plan Template to create a plan for your chapter.
Recommendations on how to accomplish: • Identify the objectives, tasks, and timelines associated with each annual goal and major strategy area based on member needs.
• Annually review and update, if necessary, your operating plan to ensure it aligns with the chapter’s mission and vision.
• Use the operating plan to identify how the chapter will address CARE elements throughout the year.
Most Recent Yearly Balance Sheet and Income Statement
Preparing and managing a chapter operating budget helps leaders plan for and deliver products and services that meet member needs without exceeding the chapter’s financial resources. Utilize the
balance sheet template and
income statement template to compile information about the chapter's financial position.
Recommendations on How to Prepare a Budget: • Develop a budget:
1. Assess the chapter's current financial position.
2. Review the chapter's goals and existing programs and services based on members’ needs.
3. Estimate revenue for the coming year.
4. Estimate expenses for the coming year.
5. Prepare budget worksheets for each program and administrative area.
6. Compile program and administrative budgets into an overall annual chapter budget. Use the
budget template if your chapter does not have an existing budget.
7. Have board approve final budget.
• Publish final budget in chapter newsletter or member mailing or make them electronically available to members.
• Review the budget at midyear (recommended) and make adjustments as necessary. Establish a reserve account for unexpected expenses.
The CARE membership goal helps establish that members of ATD and its chapters are part of the same organization with shared valuable resources and a shared compelling mission that effectively meets members’ professional development needs.