Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE) are a set of performance guidelines designed to help chapters deliver consistent benefits to members. CARE consists of elements in six key areas that are necessary for running a chapter like a business: Board of Directors, Communication, Finance, Governance, Membership, and Programming.
Prepare for the 2023 CARE submission with the resources available. Reach out to your CRM and NAC for additional assistance.
2022 CARE Submission Summary (Chapters reporting on the 2021 calendar year)
Benchmark your chapter with others. The summary includes results and demographic information based on responses provided by ATD chapters on their 2021 activities.
Get a head start on completing and submitting the Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE). Join the NAC as they review best practices, tools, resources, and the survey platform to ensure you are ready to submit CARE by January 31, 2022.
The chapter operating plan provides a framework for doing business effectively and managing resources efficiently. Leverage the
Operating Plan Template to create a plan for your chapter.
Recommendations on how to accomplish: • Identify the objectives, tasks, and timelines associated with each annual goal and major strategy area based on member needs.
• Annually review and update, if necessary, your operating plan to ensure it aligns with the chapter’s mission and vision.
• Use the operating plan to identify how the chapter will address CARE elements throughout the year.
Most Recent Yearly Balance Sheet and Income Statement
Preparing and managing a chapter operating budget helps leaders plan for and deliver products and services that meet member needs without exceeding the chapter’s financial resources. Utilize the
balance sheet template and
income statement template to compile information about the chapter's financial position.
Recommendations on How to Prepare a Budget: • Develop a budget:
1. Assess the chapter's current financial position.
2. Review the chapter's goals and existing programs and services based on members’ needs.
3. Estimate revenue for the coming year.
4. Estimate expenses for the coming year.
5. Prepare budget worksheets for each program and administrative area.
6. Compile program and administrative budgets into an overall annual chapter budget. Use the
budget template if your chapter does not have an existing budget.
7. Have board approve final budget.
• Publish final budget in chapter newsletter or member mailing or make them electronically available to members.
• Review the budget at midyear (recommended) and make adjustments as necessary. Establish a reserve account for unexpected expenses.
The CARE membership goal helps establish that members of ATD and its chapters are part of the same organization with shared valuable resources and a shared compelling mission that effectively meets members’ professional development needs.