ATD awards a $1,000 cash prize to one small, medium, and large chapter in each key area for a total of nine possible awards. Chapters may be eligible to win up to $3,000! Winners are annually recognized at the ATD Chapter Leaders Conference (ALC).
- Excellence in Strategic Partnership
- Excellence in Advancing the Profession Through ATD Certification (APTD/CPTD)
- Excellence in Net Joint Membership Growth
No more than one small, medium, and large chapter from each of the following categories are selected. Chapter sizes are defined as: small, less than 100 members; medium, 100–249 members; and large, 250+ members.
Eligibility:Chapters are eligible to win consecutively in the strategic partnerships and advancing the profession categories as long as they submit applications for a different program/project than the previous year. Chapters are eligible to win only every two years in the net joint membership category. For example, if a chapter won in 2022, its next year of eligibility is 2024.
- 100% CARE achievement (includes meeting the submission deadline of January 31, 2023)
- Application must focus on activities executed in 2022
- Measurable results with specific examples
- Initiative supports ATD's and the chapter's mission/vision
- Demonstrates how the chapter advanced the ATD brand
Excellence in Advancing the Profession Through ATD Certification
- CEA Planning Worksheet for Certification Category
- CEA Application Preview for Certification Category
Excellence in Strategic Partnership
View Examples of Past CEA Winners
"The ATD Central New York Chapter is proud to have been nationally recognized by ATD with Chapter Excellence Awards for various CNY ATD programs and activities. Along with the nice financial benefit, these awards have increased the awareness and credibility of CNY ATD with our members, the talent development community, and our local community. We proudly announce our recognitions whenever we have the opportunity." —Former CEA Winner