ATD awards a $1,000 cash prize to one small, medium, and large chapter in each key area for a total of nine possible awards. Chapters may be eligible to win up to $3,000! Winners are annually recognized during Chapter Leader Day at the ATD International Conference and Exposition.
- Excellence in Strategic Partnership
- Excellence in Advancing the Profession Through ATD Certification (APTD/CPLP)
- Excellence in Joint Membership Growth
No more than one small, medium, and large chapter from each of the following categories are selected. Chapter sizes are defined as: small, less than 100 members; medium, 100-299 members; and large, 300+ members.
Eligibility: Chapters are eligible to win consecutively in the strategic partnerships and advancing the profession categories as long as they submit applications for a different program/project than the previous year. Chapters are eligible to win only every two years in the net joint membership category. For example, if a chapter won in 2018, its next year of eligibility is 2020.
The deadline to apply is December 31, 2019.
- 100% CARE achievement (chapter must achieve 100% by CARE deadline of January 31, 2020)
- Efforts focused on the past year (application must focus on activities executed in 2019)
- Measurable results with specific examples
- Initiative supports ATD's and the chapter's mission/vision
- Demonstrates how the chapter advanced the ATD brand
Craft Your Application(s):
- CEA Planning Worksheet for Certification Category
- CEA Application Preview for Certification Category
- CEA Planning Worksheet for Strategic Partnership
- CEA Application Preview for Strategic Partnership
Congratulations to the 2019 Winning Chapters!
The following chapters were recognized on May 19, 2019 at Chapter Leader Day at ATD 2019:
- Greater Richmond Chapter - Excellence in Strategic Partnership and Joint Membership Growth
- Central New York Chapter - Excellence in Strategic Partnership
- Rocky Mountain Chapter - Excellence in Advancing the Profession Through CPLP
- Austin Chapter - Joint Membership Growth
- Houston Chapter - Joint Membership Growth
View Examples of Past CEA Winners
"The ATD Central New York Chapter is proud to have been nationally recognized by ATD with Chapter Excellence Awards for various CNY ATD programs and activities. Along with the nice financial benefit, these awards have increased the awareness and credibility of CNY ATD with our members, the talent development community, and our local community. We proudly announce our recognitions whenever we have the opportunity." —Former CEA Winner