The mission of the NAC is to serve as advisors, advocates, and mentors within ATD on matters of chapter management and operations to ensure high quality service to members. The chair of the NAC also serves on the ATD Board of Directors.
Elected NAC members serve three-year terms. The chairs of the Chapter Recognition Committee (CRC) and the ATD Chapter Leaders Conference Program Advisory Committee (ALC PAC) serve one-year terms on the NAC during their tenure as committee chairs.
NAC members are charged with providing strategic direction and leadership in the development and support of ATD chapters and members.
How the NAC can work with your chapter:
- Link chapters with common needs
- Provide guidance about items related to the Chapter Affiliation Requirements (CARE)
- Assist chapters with facilitating their annual board retreat
- Poll chapter leaders through area calls
- Help leaders find resources from ATD
- Advise and coach chapters about ATD initiatives
- Identify and share best practices
- Advise ATD staff about issues of importance to chapters
- Identify and examine future roles for chapters
- Bring issues of interest to chapters to the attention of the ATD Board of Directors
- Ensure that the needs of chapters are recognized by ATD
Looking for more information about serving on the NAC or one of ATD's other chapter-related committees? Check out our committees-at-a-glance document.