KANSAS CITY CHAPTER: Chapter Awards Event
SUMMARY: The Kansas City chapter was focused on promoting and recognizing excellence in the field of talent development, but found its processes were coming up short. As a result, the chapter redesigned its award event to meet the needs of its members and celebrate their successes in a way that is better aligned with the chapter's mission.
ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER: Volunteer of the Month
SUMMARY: The Volunteer of the Month program is dedicated to increasing volunteer engagement. Each month a chapter member who is not on the board is recognized for their volunteer efforts at the monthly learning event and receives a certificate. In addition to the recognition, the recipient's manager is notified of the award and invited to the chapter event.
- Orange County - Volunteer of the Month Submission
- Orange County - Volunteer of the Month Process
- Orange County - Volunteer of the Month Example
FORT LAUDERDALE CHAPTER: Champions of Learning Event
SUMMARY: For Employee Learning Week, Fort Lauderdale chapter formed an event committee to implement their biggest event of the year, their Champions of Learning event. They marketed and solicited local companies to submit their best practices incentivizing them with recognition and reward. The chapter recognized all contributions at the event with a framed certificate and they selected and awarded the top three submissions with trophies. The event attracted 160 attendees and resulted in a 12 percent increase in chapter membership the following month.
- Ft. Lauderdale - SOS Submission Form
- Ft. Lauderdale - Champions Nomination Form
- Ft. Lauderdale - ELW Project Plan
- Ft. Lauderdale - Invitation to Submit Best Practices
- Ft. Lauderdale - Champions Rating Form
METRO DC CHAPTER: Megamixer
SUMMARY: This SOS provides information about an event where the Metro DC Chapter gathered more than 175 workplace learning and performance individuals from multiple organizations, increasing exposure, membership, and raising money.
METRO DC CHAPTER: Volunteer Recognition and Fundraiser
SUMMARY: This SOS discusses how the Metro DC Chapter hosted a Volunteer Recognition & Fundraising Dinner to recognize the great volunteering efforts and raise money for the Washington DC Capital Area Food Bank.
GREATER BIRMINGHAM CHAPTER: Birmingham TechMixer EXPO 2008
SUMMARY: In an effort to recruit members in the technology industry, the Greater Birmingham Chapter had a booth where their VP of communication, VP of marketing, and President provided information to technology professionals about their chapter. The chapter emphasized the importance of communication in a professional environment and how their ATD chapter provides workshops and programs on these subjects, as well as many other that will assist them in their professional career.
HOUSTON CHAPTER: Volunteer Summit
SUMMARY: The Houston chapter's Volunteer Summit is an annual event that helps to promote the value of the ATD Houston chapter through increased membership and volunteerism.
CASCADIA CHAPTER: Co-Sponsor Agreement
SUMMARY: The Cascadia chapter's Co-Sponsor Agreement SOS outlines the roles/responsibilities and associated accountability for any programs sponsored with other organizations.
CHARLOTTE CHAPTER: Day of Learning
SUMMARY: The Charlotte chapter's Day of Learning is a one-day conference with multiple tracks and is the main event of the chapter's Employee Learning Week activities. Its purpose is to provide advanced learning practitioners with a local, high quality professional development opportunity.
NEBRASKA CHAPTER: Programs- Request for Proposal
SUMMARY: The Nebraska chapter strategically plans programs in advance with content that matches the ATD competencies and as a result, gained credible speakers.
CHICAGOLAND CHAPTER: Redesign of Chapter HRDI Program and Alignment with ATD Competency Model
SUMMARY: The popularity of Chicagoland chapter’s once successful Human Resource Development Institute (HRDI) began to diminish as the materials and content became outdated. The chapter felt that the value to attendees and the training community was still high. By working with local universities, the chapter redesigned the HRDI to a Workplace Learning and Performance Institute and aligned the program with the ATD Competency Model.
GREATER CLEVELAND AND NORTHEAST OHIO CHAPTERS, Employee Learning Week
SUMMARY: The Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio chapters developed a joint effort to promote ELW, including an online forum and joint programming for chapter members. Participants received “ELW Toolkits” and gift bags from the chapters. The joint effort increased community awareness of ELW.
KANSAS CITY CHAPTER: Annual Awards Banquet: Automating the Process
SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chapter created a nomination and evaluation process for the annual Best Practice Awards that can be completed entirely via the web and email distribution. Automating the process resulted in an increased number of award nominations, additional committee members volunteering to evaluate nominations, and a time savings of approximately three hours per committee member.
- Kansas City - SOS Submission Form
- Kansas City - Awards Banquet Criteria
- Kansas City - Awards Banquet WLP Culture
- Kansas City - Awards Banquet Description
- Kansas City - Awards Banquet Technology
- Kansas City - Awards Banquet Outcomes
LINCOLN CHAPTER: The Disney Keys to Excellence
SUMMARY: The Lincoln chapter coordinated a third, community-wide, professional development opportunity stretching their boundaries to pull regional interest for the event. This resulted in an attendance of 300 professionals, with a net profit of over $25,000 for their chapter. Through this process the chapter became a benchmark for other ASTD chapters looking to bring in the Disney Keys to Excellence Program.
ALASKA CHAPTER: The Book Talk Series
SUMMARY: The Alaska chapter scheduled a “Book Talk Series” once each quarter at a local bookstore.
- Alaska - SOS Submission Form
- Alaska - Book Talk Series 1
- Alaska - Book Talk Series 2
- Alaska - Book Talk Series 3
- Alaska - Book Talk Series 4
NEBRASKA CHAPTER: Red Carpet Affair: A PR and Recognition Event
SUMMARY: This SOS describes how ATD Nebraska celebrates its 50th anniversary with an Awards Banquet that honors their past, recognizes their present, and looks toward their future.
- Nebraska - SOS Submission Form
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Booklet
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Marketing Plan
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair National Invite
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Summary
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Press Release
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Past President Invite
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Affair Newsletter
- Nebraska - Red Carpet Awards Affair Committee
NORTH LOUISIANA CHAPTER: Management Insights Program
SUMMARY: The North Louisiana chapter developed the “Management Insights Program” to increase the awareness of ATD and its mission in their business community and to grow their chapter membership.
- Northern LA - SOS Submission Form
- Northern LA - Management Insights Chamber Mailing
- Northern LA - Strategic Partnerships Event Tickets
- Northern LA - Management Insights Registration
- Northern LA - Management Insights Summary
- Northern LA - Management Insights Timeline
PUGET SOUND CHAPTER: Future of Training Conference
SUMMARY: The Puget Sound chapter held a day-long conference focusing on emerging problems and solutions in the training field, attracting 152 attendees and speakers.
- Puget Sound - SOS Submission Form
- Puget Sound - Conference Agenda
- Puget Sound - Conference Press Release
- Puget Sound - Conference Speakers
CENTRAL IOWA CHAPTER: Event Planner Matrix
SUMMARY: The Central Iowa chapter developed a “16-Month Event Schedule to improve alignment & coordination of chapter events by integrating event topic selection, planning, and execution across these several key chapter committees.
- Central Iowa - SOS Submission Form
- Central Iowa - Event Planner Matrix
- Central Iowa - Event Planner Template
LAS VEGAS CHAPTER: Tribute to Learning Awards Program
SUMMARY: The Las Vegas chapter hosts the “Tribute to Learning Awards,” an annual event that includes best practices in the Southern Nevada training and development field.
- Las Vegas - SOS Submission Form
- Las Vegas - Awards Application
- Las Vegas - Awards Process & Budget
- Las Vegas - Awards Press Release
- Las Vegas - Awards Newsletter
- Las Vegas - Awards Tribute Meeting
SAN ANTONIO CHAPTER: Organizer for eLearning Lunch and Learn
SUMMARY: The San Antonio chapter's eLearning Lunch & Learn programs provide a forum for learning and sharing knowledge of the use of technology in education and training.
- San Antonio - SOS Submission Form
- San Antonio - 2005 Presentation
- San Antonio - 2006 Presentation
- San Antonio - 2007 Presentation
SAN ANTONIO CHAPTER: Organization of the Year Award
SUMMARY: The San Antonio chapter developed an “Organization of the Year” Award to recognize local organizations that have at least one employee who is a member of the local chapter.
- San Antonio - SOS Submission Form
- San Antonio - Award Letter & Agenda
- San Antonio - Award Brochure
- San Antonio - Award Criteria
LINCOLN CHAPTER: Plan. Brief. Execute. Debrief. = Win! A Fighter Pilot's Secret to Business Success
SUMMARY: The Lincoln chapter hosted an event entitled “Plan. Brief. Execute. Debrief. = Win! A Fighter Pilot's Secret to Business Success” with Afterburner.