VALLEYS OF VIRGINIA CHAPTER: Recovery From Loss of Nonprofit Status
SUMMARY: After losing its tax-exempt status in 2010 for failure to file its taxes for three consecutive years, the chapter succeeded in reinstating this status with the IRS five years later. Through the process, the chapter learned the importance of transparency, documentation, and accurate financial reporting. With perseverance and diligence, the chapter’s 2014 and 2015 boards put the chapter back on the right track.
CASCADIA CHAPTER: Internal Review
SUMMARY: The Cascadia Chapter designed internal review templates to ensure that the internal financial review process is consistent and key financial issues are addressed in a timely manner to maintain a financially sound chapter.
- Cascadia - SOS Submission Form
- Cascadia - Internal Review Checklist
- Cascadia - Internal Review Form
- Cascadia - Internal Review Board Response
- Cascadia - Internal Review Report Guidelines
- Cascadia - Internal Review Report