Adult Learning Certificate
Adult learning for the workplace differs from traditional, classroom learning. Through this interactive, self-paced program, you will gain critical knowledge of the basic theory underlying good practices for adult learning in the workplace, and get practical tips to add to your training and development toolbox.
New from ATD! Self-paced, on demand courses covering a wide range of topics and employing a variety of interactive learning techniques, including animations, case studies and branching scenarios, expert videos, downloadable tools and templates, Ask the Expert feature, and relevant ATD articles and blogs. Enroll today and start your program immediately!
This comprehensive certificate program includes eight application-based courses, each covering a different facet of adult learning. Throughout the program, you will receive helpful tools and templates for your own use and get tips from highly-experienced practitioners in the field. After completing all eight courses, wrap up your learning experience with a capstone that guides you in prioritizing your learning and determining how to apply it at work.
- Gain a complete understanding of adult learning theory and practice.
- Receive practical tips for creating engaging adult learning experiences.
- Learn from well-respected adult learning practitioners.
- Convenience: Access your courses on any day at any time. Go at your own pace. Revisit and review previous courses and concepts throughout your access period.
- Tools and Templates: Download tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Expert Guidance: Ask an expert any questions you have while navigating the content.
New or experienced learning professionals who are not yet familiar with the theory behind common practices in adult learning. This group includes instructional designers and trainers, but also includes managers responsible for individuals’ learning or subject matter experts who have been asked to help others learn.
Anyone responsible for creating, supporting, or leading learning experiences for an adult audience will benefit from the foundational concepts in this program. This may include trainers, facilitators, instructional designers, academic educators, community educators, consultants, coaches, and beyond. This program is also applicable if you are not a full-time learning professional but a practitioner or manager who is responsible for developing team members or transferring your knowledge through learning opportunities.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Illustrate adult learning key terms and assumptions.
- Use methods for assessing the needs of adult learners.
- Employ instructional design techniques for developing learning content.
- Apply methods that engage and motivate learners.
- Choose technology that meets learning objectives.
- Demonstrate strategies for extending learning beyond the classroom.
- Produce plans for supporting transfer of learning.
- Employ approaches for evaluating the successful application of learning.
Take anytime, anywhere (12 months online access)
Earn .9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 9 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 9 APTD recertification points.
Full completion of the program within the one-year access period is mandatory in order to receive 0.9 CEUs. Participants who complete all aspects of the program will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal.
Adult Learning Modules
The Adult Learning Certificate is comprised of the eight courses listed below and a capstone. Click on an individual course to learn more. Courses are also available for individual sale.
Adult Learning: Theory to Practice
Applying Learning in the Workplace
Assessing Learning Needs
Developing Learning Content
Extending the Classroom
Measuring Learning Results
Motivating and Engaging Learners
Selecting Learning Technologies