ATD Expert Coach™ Program
The ATD Expert Coach™ Program leverages your coaching experience and shows you how to have purposeful, powerful coaching conversations that provide the most value to your clients and organization. This unique, assessment-based program enables you to master the skills required for effective coaching with the guidance of expert facilitators. You’ll benefit from multiple opportunities to practice coaching and receive individualized feedback to reinforce your learning, and gain a toolkit of resources to use immediately back on the job.
Proving your ability will earn you the respected title of ATD Expert Coach. Join this exclusive group today.
As organizations increasingly focus on coaching for leadership development, performance improvement, career development, and more, it is important for talent development professionals to be well-versed in and have mastery of coaching competencies and what it means to be a professional coach. The ATD Expert Coach Program covers the key competences of coaching, along with coaching ethics, benefits, dialogue tools, and the business case for coaching. In addition, this program explores professional branding as a coach and coaching across cultures. Grounded in theory and focused on practice and application, this program will help you master your professional capacity for coaching.
The ATD Expert Coach Program is offered by the ATD Certification Institute.
- Connect with a cohort of learning professionals.
- Gain access to ATD’s comprehensive guide to coaching.
- Receive the industry-recognized certificate, ATD Expert Coach.
- Experience multiple practice and feedback opportunities.
- Share five recorded coaching conversations and receive individualized feedback and analysis for your final project.
- Take home a robust participant guide with tools, resources, and templates to use back on the job.
- Engage in an online learning community.
- Participate in a four-day, face-to-face course to assess and demonstrate your mastery of coaching.
- Select an elective course to meet a unique learning need.
- Deliver a post-course capstone assignment of five recorded coaching sessions.
The ATD Expert Coach™ Program is ideal for experienced learning, talent, and organizational development professionals who want to master the coaching competency and access new approaches to enhance the impact of their interactions with individuals, teams, and the entire organization.
- Experienced talent development professionals who want to develop their coaching skills through a structured course of study with intensive practice.
- Practitioners who are actively using coaching as an organizational development solution and want an industry-recognized credential to improve and validate their proficiency.
- Professionals in any role, including managers, who want to professionalize their coaching skills to foster engagement, productivity, and improved performance.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Assess your current strengths in coaching and identify opportunities for ongoing improvement.
- Apply ATD’s COACH Model to coaching conversations, including working with coaching clients to assess the current situation, set objectives for the coaching session, and decide alternatives and choices for how they can move forward with their goals.
- Establish and maintain a trusting relationship with the client and key stakeholders during coaching engagements and beyond, following ethical guidelines.
- Use proven methodologies and tools to effectively coach any manner of client, whether internal or external, for any type of coaching, including business, career, executive, leadership, life, and performance coaching.
- Learn more about additional tools and strategies that coaches use, including establishing effective coaching agreements, measuring the effectiveness of coaching, working through difficult situations, and effectively marketing coaching services.
- Establish a business case for coaching that supports your work with clients and organizations to gain buy-in for use of coaching as a discipline.
- Draft and use a professional coaching branding statement that aligns with your personal attitudes and beliefs of what it means to be a coach.
- Explain the similarities and differences in using specific coaching methodologies and tools across cultures based on geographic location, organization size, industry type, and more.
- Demonstrate mastery of coaching by passing a Knowledge Assessment and capstone project.
- Join a network of professional coaches for ongoing support, coaching practice, and partnering opportunities.
This is a blended learning experience consisting of three parts: online Fundamentals, Core Course, and an Elective. The Fundamentals section is completed two weeks prior to the program, the Core Course takes place over four days via an in-person training, and then you choose an elective from a predetermined list of ATD certificate programs that may be taken in person or online. How long it takes to complete the elective course depends on scheduling (for example when the program will be offered). Upon successful completion of all components, participants will receive their ATD Expert Coach™ certificate via email or the ATD Learning Portal. ATD estimates that it should take approximately three to four months to complete the entire program
Earn 2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 28 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 28 APTD recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 28 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 28 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program has been approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for 18 core competency units, and 10 resource development units. However, coaching certification under the ICF is not provided. For more information on how to become an ICF certified coach visit http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/.
The ATD Expert Coach Program™ is a new offering from ATD created at the request of coaching professionals. It sits on the spectrum of professional development between an ATD certificate program and the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance® certification.
There are no prerequisites or materials required. However, three years or more experience with coaching or the ATD Coaching Certificate is highly recommended.
Yes, during the Part 1: Fundamentals you will have pre-work/reading, which will help prepare you not only for the Core Course, but for the Knowledge Test and Skill Demonstration as well.
Participants will have an opportunity to retake the Knowledge Test as many times is necessary. However, you will only have one opportunity to resubmit your learning project design.
Participants will have the option to complete a make-up Knowledge Test as many times as needed to complete the test.
Participants will receive individualized feedback, and have an opportunity to resubmit the learning project within one month of the initial review.
The ATD Expert Coach™ program is an enhanced certificate program, based specifically on one Area of Expertise (AOE) in the ATD Competency Model, coaching. This unique program is a combination of a learning solution development and assessment component; offering instructional guidance to participants needing to develop or strengthen their foundational expertise in delivering engaging and effective design. The ATD Expert Coach™ Program is a great way for professionals to prove their ability in this one area of expertise.
The CPLP® is a comprehensive workplace learning and performance certification, based on all nine AOEs in the ATD Competency Model. CPLP® credentialing represents a level of professional achievement and competence. Just as important, achieving the credential demonstrates proficiency in support of learners and organizational performance and sets a standard of commitment to the learning and development profession. Becoming CPLP® certified makes you a leader as well as a role model in the learning and development community.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.