Change Management Certificate
Facilitating change is more critical now than ever as organizations are affected by economic conditions and are driven to improve efficiency, productivity, and service quality. This program establishes a comprehensive change model that can be immediately applied to your current situations through application exercises, case studies, and interactive program modules.
Designed for ATD by industry expert Elaine Biech of ebb associates, the Change Management Certificate Program contains application exercises, case studies, templates, and interactive program modules. You will learn a comprehensive, six-step change model that can be applied to your current situation.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Implement a change process using the six step CHANGE model.
- Apply tools and techniques to support a change intervention.
- Describe and model the role of a facilitator of change.
- Assist clients to assess, design, and implement a change intervention.
- Establish sponsorship, ownership, and involvement in change efforts.
- Evaluate change results.
Day 1 Topics
- Introduction to Change Management
- Six Step CHANGE Model
- Change Agent Characteristics
- Data Collection
- Organizational Readiness
- Qualities of a Change Leader
- Creating Visions for Change
- Developing Communication Plans
- Using Teams to Design an Implementation
Day 2 Topics
- Reactions to Change
- Overcoming Resistance and Increasing Commitment
- Establishing Metrics
- Conducting a Risk Assessment
- Implementation Tools
- Importance of Short-Term Gains
- Building Momentum
- Evaluating the Effort
- Making Change Stick
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Peggy Greenberg values the Change Management program.
- Technical Requirements:
Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is designed for learning professionals who are currently responsible for managing change efforts or those who want to be ready for this challenge in their current or future positions.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Conduct diagnostic assessments and other forms of data gathering to define the change efforts needed.
- Analyze data to provide feedback to help clients clarify outcomes, establish expectations, and identify realistic boundaries.
- Understand change management theories, such as systems thinking and open systems theory, chaos and complexity theory, appreciative inquiry, action research, communication theory, and motivation theory.
- Select an appropriate change model and design a strategic plan for change that minimizes the impact on people and maximizes buy-in.
- Create implementation designs that involve and inspire formal and informal leaders.
- Develop communication plans that raise awareness, build commitment, and ensure understanding.
- Manage consequences that may occur, such as conflict, resistance, negativity, and complacency.
Face-to-Face: 2 days
Online: 6 sessions, 12hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version.This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute . This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 1.4 CEUs.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.