Improve your clients' ability to set goals and achieve satisfying results by helping them identify and take advantage of their natural strengths. Participants will learn a model that outlines a coaching process they can use with individuals, teams, or an entire organization, and will practice foundational coaching competencies through role plays, group exercises, and case studies.
Many talent development professionals have discovered that they need to add coaching to their skill set. This two-day workshop demonstrates the functions of a successful learning professional in the role of coach, including using an interactive process to help clients develop more rapidly and produce more satisfying results, and improving others' ability to set goals, take actions, make better decisions, and make full use of their natural strengths. Participants will learn a model that outlines a coaching process they can use with individuals, teams, or an entire organization, and will practice foundational coaching competencies through role plays, group exercises, and case studies.
In addition to skill-building on the coaching competencies, the workshop covers collecting data, establishing action plans, measuring and tracking results, and planning and managing the coaching program, to meet the specific needs of learning professionals. The content of this program is based on the ATD Competency Study and helps in preparation for obtaining the CPLP™ credential. The ATD Coaching Certificate is aligned with the International Coach Federation (ICF) Code of Ethics and the ICF Core Coaching Competencies.
ATD Certificate Programs are learning events and a certificate is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the program. The ATD Coaching Certificate Program allows participants to practice core coaching competencies, but coaching certification under the International Coach Federation (ICF) is not provided. For more information on how to become an ICF certified coach visit https://coachfederation.org/icf-credential/be-a-coach.
For more information on the ATD Certification Institute's credential, the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance™ (CPLP™) visit ATD Certification Institute.
Find Out More:
Find out why Suzanne Coonan values the Coaching Certificate.
Nov 29-30, 2018
Dec 06-07, 2018
Dec 13-14, 2018
Jan 10-11, 2019
Jan 24-Feb 28, 2019
Feb 11-12, 2019
Mar 11-12, 2019
Mar 25-Apr 29, 2019
Apr 15-16, 2019
May 06-Jun 17, 2019
May 17-18, 2019
May 30-31, 2019
Jun 06-Jul 18, 2019
Jun 17-18, 2019
Jul 10-Aug 14, 2019
Jul 25-26, 2019
Aug 07-Sep 11, 2019
Aug 19-20, 2019
Sep 09-Oct 14, 2019
Sep 23-24, 2019
Oct 11-Nov 15, 2019
Oct 28-29, 2019
Nov 05-Dec 10, 2019
Nov 21-22, 2019
Dec 09-10, 2019
- Technical Requirements:
- Online programs:The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
The Coaching Certificate Program is for learning and performance professionals who want to develop successful coaching competencies and skills for use with individuals, teams, or an entire organization. Practitioners new to coaching or those who want to enhance and validate their current coaching skill set will benefit most from attending this program.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Practice coaching competencies and apply them to coaching conversations with individuals, teams, or throughout an organization.
- Establish coaching agreements with clients and identify how goals link to enhanced business performance.
- Promote an open, flexible, and confident coaching relationship with clients and establish mutual respect and trust in a safe, supportive environment
- Apply coaching ethics and standards appropriately in all coaching situations.
- Demonstrate active listening, ask powerful questions, and use effective dialogue and feedback techniques to provide maximum benefit to clients.
- Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of data and make interpretations that help clients achieve agreed-upon results.
- Design actions and opportunities for ongoing learning that will most effectively lead to coaching results.
- Develop and maintain an effective coaching plan with clients, manage ongoing progress, hold clients accountable for actions, highlight and celebrate successes, and adjourn the coaching process.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) for 8.5 core competency units, and 3.75 resource development units. However, coaching certification under the ICF is not provided. For more information on how to become an ICF certified coach visit https://coachfederation.org/icf-credential/be-a-coach
This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute . This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.