Creating Leadership Development Programs Certificate
This program supplies participants with an ATD exclusive model for creating leadership development programs. Using data from their organizations, participants are able to immediately apply what they are learning to their own organizational leadership development initiatives. Most importantly, the ATD leadership development model includes a process to demonstrate the business value of the leadership development programs.
Find Out More
Find out why facilitator Elaine Biech values the Creating Leadership Development Programs Certificate program.
- Critical components needed for a successful leadership development program.
- Leadership competencies and how they relate within your organization.
- Understanding what leadership really looks like (and its behaviors) in your organization.
- Various assessment models and/or methodology that can be used in a leadership program.
- Aligning a leadership program with your organization’s culture and goals.
- Best practices in needs assessments for creating leadership development programs.
- Best practices in implementation of leadership development programs.
- Best practices for identifying high potential participants for a leadership program.
- Understanding what to look for when evaluating your leadership development program or an off-the-shelf program.
- Demonstrating business impact of leadership development programs.
- Technical Requirements
Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
Participants should already have experience in designing learning and have a business need to understand the best practices in developing effective leadership programs. This is not a leadership course but a program that introduces participants to all of the necessary components of great leadership development programs.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Use the ATD leadership development model to create a leadership development program.
- Ensure alignment of a leadership development program to an organization’s culture, vision, mission, and goals, as well as competencies, customers' requirements, and business needs.
- Select and implement appropriate learning methods.
- List content and competencies that must be included in a leadership development program.
- List observable behaviors that display a leader’s ability to demonstrate the competencies.
- Discuss a hierarchy of competencies and content for entry, mid-level, and executives.
- Utilize process planning checklists and other job aids to create a leadership development program.
- Measure and link the value of a leadership development program to an organization’s bottom line.
- Discern the advantages, disadvantages, and appropriate use of off-the-shelf leadership development programs.
- Implement questionnaires, assessment methods, and self-evaluation tools presented in the leadership development program.
- Incorporate best practices in leadership needs assessments, implementation, and when identifying high potential candidates for leadership programs.
Face-to-Face: 2 days
Online: 6 sessions, 12hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.