Essentials of Facilitating Impactful Software Training
Turn the boring point-and-click software classroom into something more engaging and effective! The Essentials of Facilitating Impactful Software Training goes beyond the status quo of the typical software classroom and provides a formula for a more effective way of teaching software that is motivating, memorable, efficient, and engaging.
Take a deep dive into instructional strategies that are specific to software training. Adopt techniques for successful software instruction using a careful combination of context, documentation, examples, and analysis within your training design. Tell the story of your software so your learners care about the application they are about to learn. Create course materials that are useful to all your learners. Go beyond simply providing solitary classroom activities and create social exercises that provide a deeper understanding of your organization’s specialized software.
Bring a project of your own with you so that you can apply course topics as we go along. This program, its concepts, and the materials will provide the resources you need to create a new generation of software instruction that truly makes an impact.
- Find out how to provide software training that learners will care about and remember.
- Create fit-for-purpose documentation and course materials that reduce chaos in the software classroom.
- Use social learning and group work in addition to ordinary solitary activities to provide a variety of instructional methods to your software training.
- Assess the current state of your software training and apply a plan of action to deliver effective instruction.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboard design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for learning professionals who want to create and deliver instructor-led (virtual and classroom) software training with impact. Instructional designers, trainers, IT specialists, or organization development professionals who teach specialized software (such as financial software, customer service software, engineering software, or supply chain software) and are ready to learn a new approach to teaching software will benefit. If you are ready to break out of the status quo of teaching software, this program is for you.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Apply best practices of teaching specialized software applications.
- Identify the new role of the instructor for software training courses.
- Assess the current state of your software training.
- Create documentation that is useful to learners within and outside the session.
- Describe the story of your software to create more motivating instruction.
- Develop interactive social software exercises that support deeper learning and understanding.
- Use context, documentation, examples, and analysis within your software training to facilitate learning and develop key skills.
Online: 2 sessions, 4.5 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program. However, viewing a recording will not count towards your completion.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.