Evaluating Learning Impact Certificate
Use this program to build a foundation for your evaluation strategy. Participants will learn the fundamentals of measurement and evaluation of learning and performance solutions. Content covers how to make the shift from activity- to results-based learning and development programs, the basics of evaluation design, the five-level evaluation framework, and the process and standards that ensure evaluation works. Learn what questions to ask to measure participant reaction, learning, application, impact, and return on investment (ROI). Emphasis is placed on the lower levels of evaluation with an introduction to impact and ROI. This course is ideal for people just beginning their evaluation journey.
This comprehensive certificate program provides a solid foundation in all aspects of the measurement and evaluation of learning and performance solutions. Through small group interaction, application exercises, and a running case study, participants will leave the program knowing how to determine the impact of learning programs and develop and implement an evaluation strategy for their organization. The content of this program is based on the ASTD Competency Study and helps participants prepare to obtain the CPLP credential.
Developed by ROI Institute, this course will help participants learn how to measure reaction and the types of questions to ask that correlate to results. They’ll also learn how to measure learning, including how to develop cutoff scores and compelling questions that provide an objective view of learning success. Learn how to measure application and behavior change, focusing on various data-collection tools as well as techniques for improving instrument design and response rates. Finally, learn how to forecast impact and ROI using lower levels of data, communicate results, and integrate evaluation into your learning practice.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Patti Phillips values the Evaluating Learning Impact program.
- Build a credible business case for increased evaluation in their organization.
- Select appropriate strategies, measurement tools, and evaluation design.
- Collect and analyze data to explore all its possible implications.
- Communicate results to a variety of stakeholders.
- Develop an evaluation strategy plan to implement and sustain evaluation in their organization.
- Establish processes to ensure successful implementation, including setting evaluation targets, staffing, responsibilities, budgeting, planning, management involvement, use of technology, and reporting.
- Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
The Evaluating Learning Impact Certificate Program is for professionals new to measurement and evaluation or anyone responsible for determining the impact of learning and performance improvement interventions. Individuals looking to strengthen and expand their organization’s evaluation efforts will also benefit.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Identify stakeholder expectations and determine organizational readiness for measurement and evaluation.
- Develop detailed evaluation plans for specific programs and gain buy-in for the plans within the organization.
- Select effective, valid, and reliable data collection instruments to measure participant reaction/satisfaction, learning, application, and business impact.
- Analyze and interpret data to determine the impact of individual learning and performance solutions.
- Report evaluation data in a compelling and easily understood way.
- Leverage findings to increase effectiveness and provide recommendations for change
Face-to-Face: 3 days
Online: 7 sessions, 21 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 21 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 21 APTD recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 21 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 21 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 2.1 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 2.1 CEUs.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.