Improving Human Performance Certificate
Applying the principles of Human Performance Improvement (HPI) in an organization is a proven way for getting results. In this program, you will learn how to use the ATD HPI Model, apply the three critical components of HPI, link organizational goals to human performance, outline a strategy for finding and addressing performance gaps, and describe a process for evaluating the impact of your HPI solutions.
Former Course Name: Introducing Human Performance Improvement
In this highly interactive workshop, learn the three primary principles that underlie Human Performance Improvement (HPI). Understand how contributors from such disciplines as behaviorism, management sciences, organization development, and systems theory have created a systematic approach to solving organizational problems. See how the HPI model unites these principles under a common process, and jumpstart your move to a performance improvement mindset today.
The HPI process helps your clients take a holistic approach to improving performance. Using the HPI model, you will be able to work with them to articulate their business goals, link these goals to human performance, diagnose the current state of performance in the organization, identify root causes for performance deficiencies, and consider the best solutions. During the program, experience what it feels like to do performance consulting, see what it takes to manage the change that accompanies solutions, and determine whether you have the core skills it takes to be a performance consultant.
This program aligns with the Performance Improvement Area of Expertise in the ATD Competency Model.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Ethan Sanders values the Improving Human Performance program.
Jan 29-Mar 05, 2019
Feb 07-08, 2019
Feb 26-Apr 02, 2019
Mar 18-19, 2019
Apr 04-May 09, 2019
May 17-18, 2019
Jun 04-Jul 09, 2019
Jul 11-12, 2019
Aug 13-Sep 17, 2019
Sep 12-13, 2019
Oct 03-Nov 07, 2019
Nov 01-Dec 13, 2019
Dec 02-03, 2019
- Grasp and apply the three primary principles of HPI to move from a training mindset to a performance improvement mindset.
- Adapt the HPI model to maximize your effectiveness in your workplace.
- Delve into readings, exercises, and group activities to apply your new knowledge to real work situations.
- Become move valuable to your current organization and more marketable to employers.
- Pre-Work: Get the most out of your program. Review the assigned prereading and come prepared to discuss a real-world example.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
- Online Courses Only: During the online program, you will collaborate in “real time” with your facilitator and classmates via interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards. In addition, you will have access to an online learning portal with discussion boards and program materials.
The course is designed for seasoned learning professionals in both the private and public sectors of training, workshop learning, human resources, and organization development who are ready to move beyond traditional methods for improving performance.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but will also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the three principles that underlie HPI.
- Explain the relationship between the steps in the HPI process.
- Apply analysis models to determine performance gaps and their root causes.
- Describe approaches to evaluate the impact of solutions.
- Outline a strategy for addressing the root causes of performance gaps.
Face-to-Face: 2 days
Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.