Introduction to Instructional Design Certificate
Immediately improve your current projects with tools, plans, and best practice instructional design principles. From assessing learning needs to writing learning objectives to designing and developing content, this course will prepare you to apply strong instructional design principles to your projects. The concepts taught are just part of the value of the program—you’ll have an opportunity to observe the design process, use the course materials, and see the activities in action. See how an instructional project comes together from start to finish.
If you’re short on time, this course will get you up to speed on the basics of instructional design and what you need to know to develop quality learning programs. This application-based course provides an introduction to the entire instructional design process. Learn about important considerations to include when assessing needs and strategies for collecting data. Using that information, discover how to craft learning objectives to meet the needs defined, and to design content that supports those objectives. Finally, find out how to develop engaging, usable materials for both participants and facilitators.
You will leave this program with a basic understanding of not only how to create a learning event, but how to ensure it will be high quality, outcome driven, and engaging. You’ll receive a toolkit of ATD-exclusive instructional design checklists and templates to help you get started with a project immediately.
Looking for a more in-depth program? Consider our Designing Learning Certificate Program.
Dec 14, 2018
Jan 15-17, 2019
Feb 15, 2019
Apr 15-17, 2019
May 31, 2019
Jun 18-20, 2019
Jul 16-18, 2019
Aug 19, 2019
Sep 17-19, 2019
Oct 15-17, 2019
Nov 14, 2019
Dec 09-11, 2019
- Gain access to a wealth of content in a short timeframe.
- Walk away with an easy-to-apply, effective model for instructional design.
- Understand why some training designs fail while others result in true learning.
- Convert current course content into engaging learning experiences with minimal effort.
- Eliminate the second-guessing that can occur during design by recognizing the required components for learning to occur.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This course is designed for professionals who want to gain a quick foundation in instructional design for workplace training, adult learning, continuing education, or professional development. Those who are designing for the traditional classroom, the virtual classroom, or e-learning will benefit from the foundational concepts covered in the program.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the phases of the ADDIE Model (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation).
- Identify the steps and methods to conduct a basic needs analysis for training.
- Discuss evaluation strategies to assess the impact of training.
- Write learning objectives to reflect specific job requirements.
- Select appropriate learning methods based on the identified learning objectives.
- Recognize the required elements for a training outline.
- Develop basic course materials that demonstrate the effective use of text and graphics.
- Develop tasks and knowledge content.
- Explain the requirements to ensure a quality learning program.
Face-to-Face: 1 days
Online: 2 sessions, 6 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 7 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 6 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 7 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 6 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 7 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 7 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and .7 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.