Managing Learning Programs Certificate
This three-day program provides the critical leadership necessary to develop the learning function (its people and programs) and have a meaningful impact on the overall strategy in your organization. This interactive program includes self-assessments, small group case study discussion, best-practice review, and feedback on specific challenges participants face.
This three-day program will prepare you to provide leadership in developing your organization's people to execute organizational strategy.
The ATD Competency Study identified managing learning programs as a critical area of expertise for the training and development professional. The content of this program is based on the ATD Competency Model and helps in preparation for obtaining the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) Credential. Learn more about Certification.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator John Coné values the Managing Learning Programs Certificate program.
Apr 09-Jun 04, 2018
May 03-05, 2018
May 24-25, 2018
Jul 05-06, 2018
Jul 12-Aug 23, 2018
Aug 08-10, 2018
Sep 20-21, 2018
Sep 20-Nov 01, 2018
Oct 24-26, 2018
Nov 15-16, 2018
Nov 15-16, 2018
Dec 10-12, 2018
Dec 17-18, 2018
- Technical Requirements:
Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
The Managing Learning Programs Certificate Program is designed for professionals who implement learning and development initiatives or those who are about to undertake this key organizational role.
Upon completion of the program, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the current and evolving role of the learning manager in challenging environments.
- Establish a vision by creating a compelling picture of how the learning function improves business performance and enables execution of organizational strategy and partner with business leaders to advocate improving performance through learning.
- Establish strategies; develop long-range learning, development, and human performance initiatives to implement the vision; understand what drives business and how the learning function can best add value.
- Understand the best practices in needs assessment methodologies and learning needs identification, adult learning theory, learning design theory, learning technologies, learning information systems, and marketplace resources.
- Run the learning function like a business by converting strategies into action plans reconciled with real-life constraints, develop and monitor budgets, and understand staffing and resource deployment.
- Face-to-Face: 3 days
- Online: 7 sessions, 21 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 2.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 21 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 21 APTD recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 21 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 21 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 2.1 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 2.1 CEUs.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.