Needs Assessment Certificate
When working on learning and development projects, many immediately race to create course materials and roll out initiatives without upfront analysis of what is driving the need or how to ensure results. They often operate in an “order taker” mode, relying on information from the requestor about content, learner needs, the duration of training, and project completion deadlines. In this highly interactive course, you will learn a systematic approach for conducting your own assessment of the individual and organizational performance needs that drive requests for learning and development solutions.
During this two-day workshop, facilitated by a seasoned practitioner, you will learn to “go slow so you can move fast” when taking on a project. Gain access to invaluable data collection tools and methods you can use on the job immediately to assess business and performance needs. Through an ATD-exclusive needs assessment process, reap the benefits of identifying individual or organizational needs prior to developing learning strategies, so you can be sure the programs you develop will be effective.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Lynn Lewis values the Needs Assessment program.
Aug 27-28, 2018
Sep 18-Oct 23, 2018
Oct 01-02, 2018
Nov 13-15, 2018
Dec 10-11, 2018
Feb 11-Mar 25, 2019
Apr 01-02, 2019
Jul 17-Aug 21, 2019
Sep 05-06, 2019
Nov 04-Dec 16, 2019
Dec 02-03, 2019
- Align learning solutions with business outcomes to maximize impact.
- Acquire new tools for your talent development toolbox.
- Increase your professional competence and confidence to ensure you are a valued partner to your organization
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements:
- Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required.You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
This program is for professionals who want to gain a foundational understanding of conducting a needs assessment for training, organizational development, and other organizational projects involving people and processes
ATD education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organization development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Apply a systematic process to conducting a needs analysis that aligns learning solutions with business outcomes.
- Increase credibility and use a collaborative approach to conduct a needs analysis.
- Determine organizational goals with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with others to identify the individual performance levels necessary to meet organizational goals.
- Isolate organizational factors, including knowledge and skill gaps, that contribute to current performance levels.
- Identify constraints on the learning project.
- Develop recommendations that incorporate formal, informal, and social learning strategies.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 1.4 CEUs.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.