Project Management for Learning Professionals Certificate
This program presents concrete steps to improve your project management skills. Participants will learn to manage the critical project management role helping deliver learning and performance solutions that better support their business goals.
We all have good intentions, but once we start a new training project along with all the other projects we've got going, the projects can take a life of their own. In this workshop, developed in partnership with Russell Martin & Associates, participants will learn how to better manage the critical project management role that helps us deliver learning and performance solutions in a way that supports business goals. The workshop provides concrete steps to improve project management skills and a method that is repeatable yet flexible.
Nov 01-Dec 13, 2018
Dec 03-04, 2018
Jan 17-Feb 21, 2019
Feb 04-05, 2019
Feb 26-Apr 02, 2019
Mar 18-19, 2019
Apr 16-May 21, 2019
May 17-18, 2019
May 30-Jul 11, 2019
Jun 17-18, 2019
Jul 17-Aug 21, 2019
Aug 01-02, 2019
Aug 20-Sep 24, 2019
Sep 09-10, 2019
Oct 03-Nov 07, 2019
Nov 06-Dec 18, 2019
Nov 21-22, 2019
Dec 12-13, 2019
This workshop is designed for learning and performance professionals who are involved in one or more of the following areas:
- accurately estimating project duration
- planning, tracking, and monitoring multiple WLP projects
- communicating project status to stakeholders
- managing resources and reporting progress
- managing external suppliers.
- E-Book: Receive a digtinal copy of Project Management for Trainers, 2nd Edition.
- Technical Requirements:
- Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between project management and project work.
- Define the roles of the project manager, project sponsor, and other key individuals on a project.
- Create a project charter.
- Build a project plan including schedules, resource allocations, and budgets.
- Create activity networks (PERT, Gantt, and CPM) and other tools for communicating project scope and activities.
- Create criteria for monitoring and reporting progress, including control point identification charts, project costing charts, and milestone charts.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Determine and anticipate changes that occur during project execution.
- Develop a detailed work plan to accurately determine the project completion date.
- Accurately estimate project activities.
- Manage external vendors more effectively.
- Discover the power of the review process to improve future performance.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Visit www.hrci.org to learn more. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification. Russell Martin & Associates a Moser Company is a Registered Education Provider through PMI. This program has been pre-approved for 14 PDUs (professional development units) toward the Project Management Professional Certification. Visit www.pmi.org to learn more.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.