Test Design and Delivery Certificate
A customized test can help determine who should participate in a training program, and if learners mastered the material presented. Gain a systematic approach for developing and administering tests that will meet your organization's needs and follow professional standards.
Learning professionals use tests for a variety of reasons, yet the guidelines and best practices for developing reliable and valid tests are not widely known. The Test Design and Delivery Certificate program provides a comprehensive approach to ensuring your tests measure what they claim to measure consistently and reliably. Through examples and application exercises, learn the entire test development and delivery process, including planning the test, creating the test items, creating the test form, delivering the test, and evaluating the test. Ample time will be dedicated to item writing so learners can gain experience generating well-crafted test items.
ATD has partnered with premier testing organization ACT, Inc. on the content of this program. Professional test developers from ACT combined their expertise to develop this program. The facilitators are real-world consultants whose entire professional focus is to help organizations improve their testing practices.
Watch the Video:
Find out why facilitator Eric Vincent values the Test Design and Delivery program.
- Get equipped to establish the reliability and validity of your tests.
- Avoid the pitfalls of developing poor tests that could put your organization in legal jeopardy.
- Learn to set solid policies and standards for your tests.
- Gain credibility in your organization by becoming knowledgeable in testing best practices.
- Pre-Work: Complete a pre-course survey to share your level of expertise in testing, your expectations for the course, and what standards you will use to evaluate the course.
- Homework/Intersession Work: For the online program, intersession work includes a weekly online discussion forum, where you will post assignments and engage with your peers.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
- Online Courses Only: During the online program, you will collaborate in “real time” with your facilitator and classmates via interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards. In addition, you will have access to an online learning portal with discussion boards and program materials.
The Test Design and Delivery Certificate program is designed for learning professionals who want a systematic approach for developing tests.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Develop a test content outline and understand its value to the testing process.
- Identify the hallmarks of a good test question, and apply them to developing and evaluating test questions.
- Develop test forms including writing directions for examinees, page layout, and item sequencing.
- Use item analysis to identify and correct problem items.
- Use professionally accepted methods for setting a passing score for a test.
- Determine the appropriate mode of delivery, what score reports are needed, and who should have access to score reports.
- Evaluate a test to determine if the individual items and the overall test are functioning properly.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- Online: 6 sessions, 12 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.