Individuals who have recently received a PhD may be eligible for the ATD Dissertation Award. Additionally, ATD offers students the opportunity to further their professional development by applying for a membership or conference scholarship.
ATD Dissertation Award (PhD Graduates)
PhD graduates whose degrees are received between August 1, 2014, and September 30, 2015, are encouraged to apply for the ATD Dissertation Award. This award is given to foster and disseminate research in the practice of talent development. The deadline to apply is November 20, 2015. Click here to learn more about the guidelines for submission.
The study must focus on relevant issues of relevance to the practice of developing talent in organizations. Illustrative areas of concentration include:
- training and development
- ·organizational development and learning
- performance improvement and analysis
- work design
- career development
- human resource planning.
Students in a doctoral, graduate, or undergraduate program are encouraged to apply for the John Coné ATD Membership Scholarship, ATD International Conference & Exposition Registration Scholarship, and the ATD Essentials Series Workshop Scholarship. Applicants should be current students at the time of submitting the application. There is one online application for all scholarships, which will open on August 15. The deadline to apply is November 15, 2015.
Eight students will be selected to win the scholarships.
- ATD International Conference & Exposition Registration Scholarship: One winner will receive a complimentary full conference registration to attend the ATD 2016 International Conference & Exposition in Denver, Colorado, May 22-25.
- ATD Essentials Series Workshop Scholarship: One winner will receive a complimentary registration to the Essentials workshop of their choice. Access a list of currently offered Essentials Series programs.
- John Coné ATD Membership Scholarship: Six winners will receive one year of Professional Plus membership benefits, including a TD magazine subscription, access to webcasts and podcasts, free research whitepapers, and the full State of the Industry report.
To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled in the equivalent of at least half time at an accredited university or college, or they must be an active ATD chapter student member at the time of applying. Questions about eligibility? Contact Cami Best-Jones at email@example.com.