In its Q2 2011 Career Trend Analysis Report, Beyond.com reveals five job titles that are gaining traction in 2011.
- Green Consultants. Businesses are now adopting eco-friendly measures to lure consumers and gain a competitive edge, which puts green consultants in higher demand than ever before.
- Eco-Friendly Freelance Writers. Those with eco-savvy and writing skills now have more platforms willing to publish their articles on green practices, trends, and news, which is making self-employment a viable option for this crowd.
- Genius Bar Apple Store Employees. The genius bar technical support station in Apple stores has supplied job opportunities for those who can field customer queries and conduct hardware and software troubleshooting.
- iPhone Developer. With the availability of the iPhone across multiple mobile carriers, mobile companies are on the lookout for developers who can create applications that will give their products an edge.
- Silverlight Developers. With more consumers streaming TV shows and movies on their laptops or mobile devices, there has been an increase in Silverlight Developer jobs, calling for those with experience building Internet applications using Microsoft technologies.
The key to finding your niche in these markets? Know what to look for. Job seekers with engineering or IT experience should be on the alert, especially for opportunities within the green industry. Trends are indicating an increasing demand for engineers, solar technicians, and energy assessors throughout the country, says Rich Milgram, CEO of Beyond.com. Training and certification programs in these fields are also on the rise. Often engineering skills and IT backgrounds can be transferrable into various greentech positions.