Here are nine questions to ask a supplier's current clients to help you to make the best decision for your organization's learning needs:
- What lessons did you learn during the implementation process?
- What worked well?
- What would you do differently?
- Were there any unanticipated issues that you have had to deal with?
- If you could change one thing about your system, what would it be?
- Were there benefits to the system you didn't anticipate?
- How long did you allow for implementation, and was that time sufficient?
- What tasks during implementation did you underestimate?
- Why did you select the supplier?
These tips were adopted from the July 2012 Infoline, "Selecting and Implementing a Learning Management System" by Stacy Lindenberg, available at www.astd.org/infoline.