The mission of the NAC is to serve as advisors, advocates, and mentors in partnership with ATD staff on matters of chapter management and operations to ensure high-quality service to members. Elected NAC members serve a three-year term.
The role offers exposure to guide chapters in the talent development industry and opportunities to:
- Coach volunteer chapter leaders
- Be exposed to cutting-edge information about the talent development industry
- Develop additional professional competencies
- Learn about chapter best practices
Who should apply
- Chapter presidents and past chapter presidents interested in continuing their leadership development.
- Those with the ability to perform collaboratively as part of a leadership team, especially virtually
- Leaders with excellent project management skills that are self-directed in their work on a multi-faceted team
- Ability to represent the Association’s issues to chapters and chapter issues to the Association
- Understanding of ATD’s strategy and structure, and its relationship to trends in business and the talent development industry
- APTD and CPLP credentials, preferred but not required.
Commitment for NAC Members
- Three-year term, January 2024 to December 2026
- Attend monthly virtual NAC meetings
- Host monthly/bi-monthly virtual chapter area calls
- Time to perform NAC committee assignments
- Ongoing engagement with chapter leaders from 6–10 chapters (via email, phone, virtual meeting)
- Attend a planning meeting in Alexandria, VA during October/November
- Attend ALC and ATD Annual Meeting
- Facilitate chapter leader sessions at ALC and/or International Conference
- Two consecutive unexcused absences may cause the majority of voting NAC members to declare a vacancy and ask the member to resign.
** ATD may provide a limited amount of travel reimbursements for in-person meetings.
Eligibility Requirements for all ATD Chapter Committees, including the NAC:
- ATD chapter and national membership at time of application and throughout entire term
- NAC members cannot serve as chapter president during their term
- It is recommended that ALC PAC and CRC members do not serve as a chapter president during their term
- NAC Applications deadline is June 5, 2023.
- Applicants are required to list three references on the applications.
Contact [email protected] with any questions about the application process.
And watch this year sNACk and Chat webinar to learn more about current NAC and the application process.