This newer ATD award recognizes the work of talent development professionals. It was developed for individuals whose primary role or job is within the talent development field. This award will be presented to individuals that demonstrate exceptional talent development expertise, leadership, and service through their professional work, volunteerism, influence, and actions in support of others. This award will be presented annually to an individual who is working internally within an organization and to another individual whose role is external in service to clients or customers (for example, an independent consultant).
Congratulations to this year's winner!
2023 Outstanding Professional Recipient
CEO and Senior Learning Strategist
Duets Learning LLC
- Evidence the nominee demonstrates deep knowledge across the breadth of talent development and advocates for building strong talent and talent systems across the organization.
- Evidence of the nominee’s leadership within their organization or on behalf of clients/customers.
- Evidence of the nominee’s service or volunteerism within or outside of talent development.
- Evidence that the nominee’s work has had significant impact in their organization or the organizations they serve and support.
- Evidence that the nominee’s influence on others contributes positively to teams, culture, and others in the organization.
- Nominations can be self-nominations or submitted by someone else on behalf of an individual.
- Nominees must have five or more years of experience in the talent development field to be considered for the award.
- Nominees can be working internally for an organization or externally in support of clients or customers. There will be an award presented for each type of nominee/individual.
- Elected officials are not eligible to apply.
(For 2024 recognition)
- Application opens: October 1, 2023
- Deadline to apply: December 11, 2023
- Submit your entry through our online awards portal.
- Entrants are notified by March.
The winner will be recognized at the ATD Awards ceremony held during the ATD International Conference & EXPO in May.