Beverly Kaye honored with Lifetime Achievement Award.
(San Diego, CA) May 9, 2018—During its 2018 International Conference & Exposition held in San Diego, California, the Association for Talent Development (ATD) recognized organizations and individuals for their excellence and contributions across the talent development field. The event was held on May 8.
“ATD Award winners reflect a deep commitment to the value of developing people in the workplace. Winning organizations demonstrate how aligning developing talent to business needs can increase the performance and success of organizations worldwide,” says Tony Bingham, ATD President and CEO. “These winners’ accomplishments advance knowledge in the talent development profession and contribute to increasing workforce capability and organizational competitiveness.”
Individual honorees included:
• ATD One to Watch Awards (presented to individuals who are early in their careers):
o Colin DeCair, Associate Development Manager, Busey
o Ashley Ingram, Training and Development Manager, Transplace
• ATD Dissertation Award: Marcella Gonsalves, PhD
• Champion of Talent Development Award: Dr. Jeff J. Clawson, Founder, International Academies of Emergency Dispatch
• Distinguished Contribution to Talent Development Award: Jane Hart, Founder, Centre for Learning & Performance (C4LPT)
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Beverly Kaye, Founder, Career Systems International
On the organization side, ATD recognized the Denver Zoological Foundation and Taiwan’s Institute for Information Industry (III) with the association’s Innovation in Talent Development Award.
ATD also honored the 2017 Excellence in Practice Award winners, recognized for results achieved using practices and solutions from the entire scope of talent development. Awards are presented to 34 organizations in 12 countries.
Forty-four awards were presented in 15 categories: career development, coaching and mentoring, diversity and inclusion, change management, improving soft skills, integrated talent management, management/leadership development, learning and development, learning technologies, managing the learning function, knowledge management, onboarding, performance improvement, sales enablement, and succession planning.
The organizations that received Excellence in Practice Awards are:
• Bechtel, United States
• CGI, Canada
• China Telecommunications Corporation, China
• Cognizant Technology Solutions, United States
• DowDuPont Agriculture Division, United States
• Emirates Islamic, United Arab Emirates
• Emirates NBD, United Arab Emirates
• EY, England
• Fatima Fertilizer Company Limited, Pakistan
• Fidelity Investments, United States
• First Solar, United States
• HUGO BOSS Turkey, Turkey
• Humana Inc., United States
• IBM, United States
• Institute of Technical Education, Singapore
• ITC Limited, India
• Kotak Life Insurance, India
• KPN, The Netherlands
• Larsen & Toubro Heavy Civil Infrastructure Company, India
• Life & Specialty Ventures, United States
• National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, United States
• Pacific Life Insurance, United States
• Publicis Health, United States
• Restaurant Technologies, United States
• SAP, Germany
• Schaeffler Group USA, Inc., United States
• Special Olympics International, United States
• State Grid Corporation of China Co. Ltd., China
• Tanfeeth, United Arab Emirates
• TELUS International, United States
• Tencent, China
• Ternium, Argentina
• U.S. Bancorp Fund Services, United States
• United States Coast Guard Training Center Petaluma, United States
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals help others achieve their full potential by improving their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
ATD’s members come from more than 120 countries and work in public and private organizations in every industry sector.
ATD supports the work of professionals locally in more than 125 chapters, international strategic partners, and global member networks.