|Proposal Submission Period:||July 6 - August 9, 2022|
|Proposal Notification:||Mid-November 2022|
|Conference Dates:||May 21 - 24, 2023|
Role of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
The Program Advisory Committee is composed of individuals from the field with significant experience in the specific track areas. Committee members are assigned to each track and review all proposals submitted in that track. A chairperson assists with coordinating the activities of the committee.
The selection process follows a rigorous online review of every proposal submitted. The committee also meets in person and by conference call to make recommendations for selections and assist in planning other conference educational activities. Many more proposals are submitted than can be selected. Only the very best submissions are selected.
Proposals are selected based on information submitted. Submitters are expected to follow the instructions carefully and supply all requested information. Missing or incorrect information could make the proposal ineligible for consideration.
We welcome you to listen to a recording of the ATD22 Program Advisory Committee. This was recorded at a session they delivered at ATD22 about how to submit a successful speaking proposal. Please note, there is no video or accompanying slides, but you may find their tips helpful before submitting to speak at ATD23.
The proposed session must clearly apply to the target audience, fit into one of the five tracks and be delivered by a speaker with substantial topic knowledge and experience facilitating learning experiences and/or speaking to large groups.
Proposals are evaluated using the following additional criteria:
- Completeness, accuracy, and clarity of the proposal; proposals that do not follow the instructions will be ineligible.
- Content that is current and practical.
- Programs and initiatives that demonstrate measurable business impact and results.
- Clear, specific, and informative content which is directly linked to the learning objective.
- Applications on the job that can be implemented and can realistically be met in the time allotted.
- A balanced slate of speakers representing diverse backgrounds, viewpoints, organizations, and internal/external practitioners.
- First-time speakers are required to submit a video. However, ALL speakers are encouraged to submit a video. This video should demonstrate your speaking ability and how you would engage with an audience.
- A PowerPoint sample is required to demonstrate your presentation style and the quality for work.
To achieve a balanced conference program, ATD will determine the days and times that sessions are scheduled. Some speakers may be asked to repeat sessions that are considered especially relevant or popular.
Honoraria, Travel Expenses & Complimentary Registration
ATD is a nonprofit educational association with a responsibility to its members to carefully manage its resources.
Delivering an education session is done on a voluntary, unpaid basis. Speaker's individual travel and living expenses are at his/her own expense.
ATD provides one complimentary full conference registration per speaker.