When healthcare employees are engaged in their work, patient outcomes are likely to improve. So it’s essential for leaders in healthcare organizations to pay attention to how their employees feel about their work.
“Employee Engagement in Healthcare” makes a case for employee engagement and provides a road map for assessing and improving engagement. Author Jill Christensen describes the leadership traits that drive employee engagement and the elements of a successful engagement strategy.
This issue of TD at Work includes:
- case studies of healthcare organizations that improved engagement
- a six-step employee re-engagement strategy
- guidance for creating a core team
- strategies for improving communication
- an employee engagement implementation checklist.