It has been an interesting week here as one project ramped down and a couple others started to ramp up. This included a Training Needs Analysis for one potential project. I have a list of 18 questions I typically use when starting a new project.
Here are the 1st 9:
- What is the business need for this training?
- Who are the learners? (Length of service, general ages, backgrounds)
- How many people need this training (total)?
- How many people will attend each session?
- If training is successful, what changes in behavior will you see?
- Specific topics to be addressed by training?
- How will you measure these changes?
- How will training measure the changes?
- Who will see these changes and how will they be tracked?
What other questions do you think are of prime importance when determining if training is the proper solution for the identified issue?