What Motivates Your Learners?
Understanding the nonconscious drivers of behavior, motivation and decisions can unlock powerful keys to tailoring learning initiatives that work and stick. Join us as we explore the neuroscience of learning and the importance of psychological safety in the learning context.
We first set the foundation of how the brain manages the learning process by exploring the basic neurobiological principles underlying successful learning. This includes topics such as the conflict between our “higher” and “lower” brain, our powerful nonconscious processing, managing our emotions, our surprisingly social brain and how the brain responds to stress.
With that foundation in place, we then turn to the notion of psychological safety and discuss research suggesting its critical role in maximizing learning and creativity. We will then focus on practical ways to build psychological safety as a means towards enhancing communication, learning and ultimately making better decisions. The core of this discussion will center around the S.A.F.E.T.Y.™ model, which describes a framework for understanding some of our brains’ specific motivating drivers as a learner, and the implications for how to best structure the learning experience in a “brain-friendly” manner.
Finally, we will review the latest neuroscience research on applications for enhancing brain resilience via the S.A.F.E.T.Y. NETS™ framework. In this manner, the program takes a holistic approach by creating self-awareness of your motivational drivers, cognitive strengths and practical ways to build resilience to optimize learning.
- Understand the relevance of the MBSLA and S.A.F.E.T.Y.™ Assessments and what they reveal about the learner’s brain
- Understand the basic brain fundamentals and the impact of psychological safety on learning
- Understand the neuroscience of motivation, attention, memory and insight
- Learn how stress impacts learning and strategies to build resilience
- Understand how to facilitate brain-friendly learning environments that optimize learning and memory
- Understand the various delivery methods and learning initiatives that appeal to the motivational drivers of learners and learner groups.
Check out #ATDLearnNow and share your LearnNow experience!