Deliver training that results in outcomes everyone values
For the past 10 years, Harold D. Stolovitch has delivered his Telling Ain’t Training event to thousands of trainers. 2016 is the final year for this program as a public workshop, and only a few dates remain. Don’t miss your chance to learn from the man who made “telling ain’t training” a popular expression that has spread across the globe.
Reframe the way you train
Making training effective while also ensuring it is challenging, exciting, and even fun is really not that difficult. So why don't we have more of it? Because we lack the models and tools that help transform content-driven sessions into exciting learning events. In Telling Ain't Training, you get to experience the shift from an emphasis on transmission to a focus on transformation. The result is increased skill and knowledge acquisition, long-term retention, on-the-job application, and improved performance outcomes. During the Telling Ain't Training event, you participate in interactive, practical, tested strategies that you can readily apply to your work. If you are a new or occasional trainer or training manager, this event will help you build the solid foundation necessary for making learning stick!
A Universal Model for Training Delivery
Imagine a simple, five-step model that you can apply quickly and easily to convert virtually any content directly into high-probability-of-success learning. And imagine that this model works with any medium, technology, or delivery system. Interested? This model is at the heart of transforming dull, ineffective telling into training that demonstrates immediate and longer-term results. Best of all, it is derived from learning research and has been applied in widely varied settings with remarkable results.
Not only can you apply this model to new training, but you can also use it to retrofit existing, content-focused courses, transforming them into engaging, effective learning programs.
During this event, you'll experience the model in action through fun whole-group and small-team activities.
After this event, you will be able to:
- Quickly and easily convert virtually any content into effective outcome-based training.
- Apply the five-step model to new training or retrofit existing, content-focused courses, transforming them into engaging, effective learning programs.
- Create instant training programs and then transform what you have created into a facilitator guide that others can use to maintain learning consistency across instructors or facilitators and across multiple learner audiences.
- Increase skill and knowledge acquisition, long-term retention, on-the-job application, and improved performance outcomes.
Who Should Attend?
- New and occasional trainers who need to build a solid foundation.
- Subject matter experts who are tasked with training.
- Training managers who don’t come from a training background, and need to know how to maximize their team’s effectiveness.
Attendees will receive a free copy of the companion book, Telling Ain’t Training! Read a free chapter now.
Despite the irreverent title, this event tackles universal and persistent questions: How do learners learn? Why do learners learn? How do you make sure that learning is applied on the job?