Transform the traditional "telling" approach of training.
Based on the award-winning book of the same name, ATD’s Telling Ain’t Training event offers an exceptional approach to transforming ineffective “telling” into training that results in long-term retention and improved performance on the job. This event delivers interactive, practical strategies that can be implemented immediately to improve your training programs. You’ll come away with principles and tools that are backed by research and real-world experience.
Attendees will also receive a free copy of the companion book, Telling Ain’t Training!
Despite the irreverent title, this event tackles universal and persistent questions: How do learners learn? Why do learners learn? How do you make sure that learning is applied on the job?
After this event, you’ll be able to:
- Produce training that is learner centered.
- Design training programs that result in long-term learning, retention, and improved performance.
- Apply research-based, best-practice principles and tools to facilitate learning.
- Create a training experience that both learners and trainers enjoy.
Who Should Attend?
- New and occasional trainers who need to build a solid foundation.
- Subject matter experts who are tasked with training.
- Training managers who don’t come from a training background, and need to know how to maximize their team’s effectiveness.