Dive in and learn how to use Adobe Captivate in this hands-on program. You don’t need any experience with this engaging software to join the class; learn beginning, intermediate, and a few advanced techniques. Get slick production tips and tricks that will make your e-learning the best it can be. Receive expert guidelines on building lively customized interactions, screen characters, innovative quizzes, high-quality recording, and effective collaboration with other software. You will also receive a customized text book, designed exclusively for ATD.
The Adobe Captivate Certificate program is a practical workshop that covers everything you need to know to create visually rich, artistic, and highly interactive customized e-learning. Discover how easy it is to use this powerful software when you apply best practices in production techniques that significantly cut development time. Learn how to effectively interact with other software programs, including Microsoft Word, to optimize your design.
With the help of gurus in Adobe Captivate, leave this up-to-date workshop knowing how to apply in-depth development techniques on a tight budget, using effective simulations, quality quizzes and assessments, and standard objects and widgets. You will also learn to insert images and record, import, and edit audio.
Watch facilitator Kevin Siegel discuss the Adobe Captivate Certificate Program.
- Effectively build e-learning modules using Adobe Captivate.
- Customize your e-learning modules so that they are interactive and engaging.
- Integrate content rapidly and easily from other sources.
- Books: All participants will receive a customized text book, designed just for ATD.
- Supplemental Resources: This program includes tools and templates to help you apply what you learned on the job.
- Technical Requirements:
Participants will need to have downloaded the most recent version of Adobe Captivate (a trial version is acceptable) prior to the start of the program. It is critical to have the most up-to-date browser on your computer. Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 9 are all recommended.
- Face-to-face programs: An up-to-date Windows or Mac laptop computer (with wi-fi capability) is required. There will be no computers available on-site for participants.
- Online programs: The online version of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
- Online Courses Only: During the online program, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards. In addition, you will have access to an online learning portal with discussion boards and program materials.
Although this workshop is most appropriate for beginners, participants should have a foundational understanding of e-learning design and development practices. No prior experience with Adobe Captivate is necessary. However, you must download a copy of Adobe Captivate on your computer. The trial offer is acceptable.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Record demonstrations, assessments, and interactive simulations.
- Add images, animation, text, and Flash video.
- Publish completed lessons for multiple audiences.
- Create custom object styles.
- Work with themes, variables, widgets, and interactions.
- Create and use a project template.
- Create an accessible project.
- Integrate with a learning management system
Face-to-Face: 2 days
Online: 4 sessions, 12 hours total
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 CPLP recertification points for the online version. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points for the face-to-face version and 12 APTD recertification points for the online version. This program has been pre-approved for 0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute .
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 1.4 CEUs. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with 5 or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with 4 or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program.