APTD Certification Preparation Course
The complete APTD® exam prep program that you can personalize and adapt to meet your study needs
Accelerate your readiness for the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification exam and earn the credential that proves your talent development capability. Get immediate access to customizable resources such as content modules, adaptive self-assessments, facilitated live online sessions, discussion boards, and study support tools including a timed practice test and full access to the Talent Development Body of Knowledge (TDBoK™). The course is available on-demand for 12 months from your registration date.
This comprehensive learning experience gives you everything you need to get ready for the APTD—the certification for talent development professionals in the early parts of their careers or whose roles and aspirations are focused on foundational areas in the field. A flexible and self-paced approach gives you access to the content and resources immediately upon enrolling and for 12 months after to ensure you can prepare right up to your exam date. The course uses an adaptive, assessment-based... Read More
This comprehensive learning experience gives you everything you need to get ready for the APTD—the certification for talent development professionals in the early parts of their careers or whose roles and aspirations are focused on foundational areas in the field. A flexible and self-paced approach gives you access to the content and resources immediately upon enrolling and for 12 months after to ensure you can prepare right up to your exam date. The course uses an adaptive, assessment-based approach to allow you to customize your learning and dive into the content you need most to learn. With a robust set of microlearning resources tailored for busy professionals and with an expert facilitator and community of candidates, you will be guided through an end-to-end study path. Leave the course feeling confident to take the exam. (Please note, the exam is administered by the ATD Certification Institute. You must meet eligibility requirements to take the exam and the cost of the exam fee is not included in this course.)
The course presents the content from the Talent Development Capability Model and prepares you to prove your mastery of applying the knowledge on the exam. Through the development of short- and long-term goals and action items tied to exam preparation strategies, you’ll create an individualized study plan that identifies what you need to focus on to achieve your goal of becoming certified. You’ll also get access to a full-length practice test, allowing you to fully explore the types of questions to expect on exam day. Course features include:
Content Review. Use your personalized study plan to go as in-depth as needed on targeted learning assets, each designed to cover a key area within the Talent Development Capability Model. Move through the course at your own pace.
Expert-Led Discussions and Feedback. Participate in discussions, post questions, and connect with other participants to share knowledge and experience. Leverage the knowledge of your facilitator and peers to prepare for the credentialing experience.
Exam Preparation Strategies. Get access to valuable study tips, guidance on setting goals and planning your study methods for maximum effectiveness, and approaches for optimizing your exam day experience.
Adaptive Self-Assessments. Complete confidence checks to assess your readiness on the content and customize your experience with pre- and post-assessments that allow you to focus your time and energy where it will make the most impact.
Interactive Scenario-Based Activities. Ensure your mastery of the concepts, theories, and models tested on the exam through a variety of interactive and reflective exercises.
Learning Resources. Explore a range of engaging media including videos, podcasts, infographics, checklists, job aids, and full access to the Talent Development Body of Knowledge—a comprehensive e-publication that is included in your registration fee.
Complete Practice Test. Practice the test-taking experience with a full-length timed practice test, taken in the same platform used for the APTD Certification Exam, and build the confidence needed to be successful.
Live Online Sessions. Take a deeper dive into select capabilities when you participate in these facilitated sessions. Focus on how concepts are applied in a real-world, practical way. Read Less
- Core content from the Talent Development Body of Knowledge that aligns to the exam specifications
- Application of the content through stories from expert credential holders
- Approaches for studying and preparing for the APTD Certification Exam
- How to apply test-taking strategies covered in the course on the practice test to build your confidence
The Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) is a certification for TD professionals with at least three years of experience—those who are in the early parts of their careers or whose roles and aspirations are focused on foundational areas of the field.
Action is easy when you have the right framework. Discover the knowledge and skills that will empower the growth and development of talent development professionals.
Download the brochure to learn everything you need to know about this course.
This preparation course is ideal if you:
- are in the early part of your career or in a role that’s focused on foundational areas in the field
- have decided that a professional certification aligns to your career goals
- meet the eligibility criteria for the APTD certification:
- three years of work experience in talent development and 28 hours or professional development within the last three years. For eligibility details, visit td.org/certification/adptd/eligibililty
- have earned an ATD Master Program designation and would like to focus on gaining more in-depth knowledge of other capability areas in talent development. Any ATD Master Program completed in the last three years will count toward the full professional development requirement.
"The Preparing for the APTD: On-Demand Course was the key driver in helping to prepare me for the APTD exam. Not only could I access it conveniently whenever and wherever I was, the workshop analyzed which areas I needed to focus on more. Without the workshop, I wouldn’t have been as prepared for the exam and the way the questions were worded."
"The Preparing for the APTD: On-Demand Course helped me to confidently prepare for the APTD. The course software adapted questions as I answered and then guided me to the most appropriate topics I needed to review further."
“Right away, as I began studying to become an APTD, I could apply the material to my work. Having a project to apply my studies to made all the difference. It made the material come alive.”
- Customized learning that will allow you to dive into the content you most need to learn so you won’t waste time studying what you already know.
- Core content from the Talent Development Body of Knowledge ™ that aligns to the exam content outline.
- Application of the content through stories from expert credential holders.
- Approaches for studying and preparing for the APTD certification exam.
- Full-length, timed practice test that allows you to assess your readiness in real-time with instant feedback, including answer rationales.
- Opportunities to join live online sessions to discuss the application of select capabilities.
The APTD focuses on a subset of capabilities from the Talent Development Capability Model and covers all three domains of practice:
- Personal Capabilities - 20%
- Professional Capabilities - 50%
- Organizational Capabilities - 30%
View the detailed APTD exam content outline here.
Things To Know
Full completion of the program within the one-year access period is mandatory in order to receive CEUs. Participants who complete all aspects of the program will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal.
If applicable, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program.
28.0 Learning Hours
2.8 CEUs awarded
20.0 Professional Development Hours toward initial certification eligibility for the APTD credential from the ATD Certification Institute. Course must be completed before it can be reported.
ATD LEARNING PORTAL
Enrolled in a program? Sign in to the ATD Learning Portal with your ATD account credentials to get started.
Click here to review our cancellation policy.