Blended Learning Certificate
Did you ever wonder how to use more than one delivery methodology to enhance the effectiveness of your training? With technology allowing for increased opportunities to “flip the classroom” and reach our learners at the moment of need, knowing how to effectively blend learning programs is a critical skill for training professionals. Learn best practices for selecting and using the appropriate mix of innovative learning technologies to design effective blended solutions.
Blended learning occurs when the best delivery methodologies available for each specific learning objective are incorporated into a curriculum. While you may have been blending pre- and post-program elements into your training mix for years, the increasing prevalence of learning technologies and tools requires a more strategic look at the most effective ways to integrate delivery methodologies.
This unique ATD program uses a blended learning approach to model the concepts taught in the workshop. You’ll begin by completing a pre-work assignment that you’ll continue to work with throughout the course. Following the classroom-based workshop, you’ll reconvene with your peers in an online session. Throughout the learning experience, collaborate with your fellow participants and the facilitator(s) in an interactive discussion forum. And finally, one of the most important elements of the workshop is the opportunity to bring your own training program to adapt to the blended format through various application activities.
Find Out More:
ATD's expert facilitators discuss the benefits of designing and delivering blended learning programs:
- Design a complete blended learning program using the ATD-exclusive process and templates provided in the workshop.
- Justify the use of blended learning for your organization's training programs.
- Anticipate and successfully navigate the challenges associated with blended learning.
- Schedule: The workshop runs from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on day one. Day two begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs until approximately 2:00 p.m. You will then participate in a four-hour instructor-led virtual session approximately two weeks later. Participation in all three sessions (both face-to-face and online) is required to receive your certificate.
- Pre-Work: Familiarize yourself with program topics, identify a project of your own that you’ll work on in the course, and introduce yourself in the online classroom.
- Homework/Intersession Work: Research an online tool and prepare a presentation for the online follow-up session.
- Technical Requirements: The online portion of this program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center platform. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. There are no technical requirements for the face-to-face portion.
This program is ideal for professionals who design or deliver training and want to adopt blended learning approaches.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Define blended learning.
- List the various formats and media that can be mixed for an optimal blended learning approach.
- Integrate blended learning into the traditional instructional design process.
- Determine the resources, expertise, technology, and budget required to implement high-quality blended solutions.
- Identify common implementation challenges and plan for mitigation.
- Identify performance support methods and tools that support the blend on the job.
- Identify ways to ensure management and organizational support for a blended learning curriculum.
- Make the business case for increased use of blended learning in the organization.
- Research a variety of blended learning tools.
Face-to-Face: 2 days plus, 1 online session
On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 15 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 15 APTD recertification points.This program has been pre-approved for 15 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute . This program is valid for 16 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.5 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and 1.5 CEUs. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program.
ATD requires active participation in our online program to receive credit for the program Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
For programs with 5 or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with 4 or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program.