Preparing for the APTD: Instructor-Led Workshop
This two-day intensive workshop is designed to help you take some of the guess-work out of preparing for the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification. In this program, you will take an in-depth approach to the three-primary exam Area of Expertise (AOE), while using the ATD Learning System (APTD Edition) as your primary study tool.
The live online course is delivered by an instructor through six 2.5 hour interactive sessions. Spreading the learning over six weeks can provide a study framework to help you prepare.
Both of the workshops are highly interactive and include engaging and reflective exercises to help you identify your knowledge gaps, and create a plan to maximize your preparation time. We will also explore post-workshop study tips and strategies to help provide you with additional focus and support.
Each course group will have access to an online community for their course and will be enrolled in an ongoing community after the course ends.
This program is designed for those who have the following qualifications:
- Talent professionals in the early part of their career or whose professional roles focus on a few areas of expertise (AOEs) as defined by the ATD Competency Model.
- Three years of relevant work experience in the talent development profession.
- Have decided that certification aligns with your career goals.
- Have achieved an ATD Masters Program designation, and would like to focus on gaining more in depth knowledge of other AOEs.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the APTD certification timeline and requirements for completion.
- Define the core concepts for each AOE in the APTD Learning System.
- Create a personalized study plan by identifying knowledge gaps based on content presented for each AOE.
- Apply test-taking strategies for the program exam.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
- Live Online: Six 2.5 hour sessions
- Online Platform: Live sessions with recordings available
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.
Attendance at the Preparing for the APTD workshops and self-paced course is not required. CEUs and certificates are not issued for preparation workshops. However, if you need verification of attendance for your employer please contact Customer Care and request a letter confirming your full attendance.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.