Preparing for the APTD: Instructor-Led Workshop
This two-day intensive workshop is designed to help you take some of the guess-work out of preparing for the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification. In this program, you will take an in-depth approach to the three-primary exam Area of Expertise (AOE), while using the ATD Learning System (APTD Edition) as your primary study tool.
The live online course is delivered by an instructor through six 2.5 hour interactive sessions. Spreading the learning over six weeks can provide a study framework to help you prepare.
Both of the workshops are highly interactive and include engaging and reflective exercises to help you identify your knowledge gaps, and create a plan to maximize your preparation time. We will also explore post-workshop study tips and strategies to help provide you with additional focus and support.
Each course group will have access to an online community for their course and will be enrolled in an ongoing community after the course ends.
This program is designed for those who have the following qualifications:
- Talent professionals in the early part of their career or whose professional roles focus on a few areas of expertise (AOEs) as defined by the ATD Competency Model.
- Three years of relevant work experience in the talent development profession.
- Have decided that certification aligns with your career goals.
- Have achieved an ATD Masters Program designation, and would like to focus on gaining more in depth knowledge of other AOEs.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the APTD certification timeline and requirements for completion.
- Define the core concepts for each AOE in the APTD Learning System.
- Create a personalized study plan by identifying knowledge gaps based on content presented for each AOE.
- Apply test-taking strategies for the program exam.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
- Live Online: Six 2.5 hour sessions
- Online Platform: Live sessions with recordings available
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive a completion certificate and any applicable credits.
ATD requires active participation through the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
For programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Portal at the end of the program. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.